Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Seau

very sad what has happened through the years to these guys. maybe one day they will be able to help these guys.

After he drove off a cliff in 2010 you would think he would have gotten help. A permanent solution to a temporary prob

Last edited:
Its sad I always liked him. Curtis Conway was just on NFLN and he talked about how many players can not handle life without playing. They feel lost and are not sure where to turn when the red carpet isnt rolled out for them and people are no longer cheering. He said that Seau has been a star football player in the area since he was 5 its all he knows and now that the game isnt there he was lost.

Its sad I always liked him. Curtis Conway was just on NFLN and he talked about how many players can not handle life without playing. They feel lost and are not sure where to turn when the red carpet isnt rolled out for them and people are no longer cheering. He said that Seau has been a star football player in the area since he was 5 its all he knows and now that the game isnt there he was lost.

I know brain injury is likely a contributing factor and the media will focus only on that and the NFL will use it to fuel its safety objectives, but IMO I believe this to be the main cause. The game is too hard to give up, its like no other sport and some men are built for it. When they lose that, they lose their whole sense of being. Seau was one of those guys, this is very sad. Conway is 100% right and anyone who has played at a high level and had to give it up knows what it is like.

This is very sad, Junior was one of my favorite players, he was an athletic freak among athletic freaks in his prime. Seriously, I doubt there have been 2 or 3 players in NFL history with his measurables. So sad to see him go out like that.

This is a really sad story. The interview with his mom losing it was heart wrenching. It seems like after he left the game he didnt have purpose and got depressed but I also think head injuries played a part in this. Going to be interesting what comes out about this in the coming weeks.

He just spoke at our companies sales rally here in San Diego last month....had an awesome message. Always did so much for the community and was a great public figure. He did look run down though. Ever since the divorce...things just werent the same.

Back