Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Avengers

biggunsbob

Went to the midnight opening with my two kids and their friends. I was blown away with how good it was... Just my opinion but Joss Whedon's screen play and direction knocked it out of the park. Maybe a tad long but there was a right amount of comedy and a good villain.. Nice battle scenes that are not to short... I was really worried about the CGI Hulk after that last two Hulk movies.. I did like Norton in the last Hulk movie but the new version in the Avengers is pretty good in my opinion..A very good superhero movie...A lot of fun..This is by far the best marvel movie....

Attachments

• 220px-TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg
    220px-TheAvengers2012Poster.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Looks like the movie is going to shatter box office records.. The movie is already on pace to shatter Iron man 2 for Marvel Studios which was at 623 million worldwide. I did not realize it had already opened overseas and is well over 200 million already worldwide in just a few days.. it cost 220 million to make and is already at 281 million and climbing..

Last edited:
Joss Whedon is one of the best writers out there IMO. Cabin in the Woods is my favorite horror movie of all time, which coincidentally is in theaters as well (although not for kids). I'm going to see it tonight and I am planning on showing up like 1 hour early so I'm not in the front row. Did you see it in 3D or non-3D and if it was in 3D was it worth it?

We went to the 2d version... I have been have trouble with my eyes in 3d movies as of late.. Our theater has these new D-Box motion seats that you had to pay 17 dollars a seat for... We were on the top row and this theater had 2 of them right next to me and I was worried it would bother me during the movie but they didn't... I ask the couple if they liked them and they seem pretty non committal about them. they said they liked them but I was not sure they were wowed by them.. I need to see Cabin in the woods... I agree Josh is a amazing writer and director

Last edited:
Also so for The Avengers I know you know this but stay through the credits for 2 extra things....

Im going to see this tonight. Thanks Bob for your review. I have agreed with you on movies in the past and I am really excited for this movie. Also Joss Whedon is an awesome writer/director.

Box office is at 304 million worldwide as of tonight.

Updated box office since i checked 10 hours ago.. holy crap.... it is going to hit a billion..

$641,800,000 worldwide.. In 12 days since it opened overseas a week ago... Over 200 million in America and the rest overseas.
I may even go see it in Imax... Not sure if that site is accurate... I will check again later.

Last edited:
and there were 2 scenes after the movie ended...one setting up Avengers 2 and perhaps the next Thor

So many ways they could go now... But you are right about setting up Thor, and The Avengers 2. Captain America sequel. Iron Man. But they could do prequels With Nick fury's character if they wanted to go a tad old school and maybe even Hawkeye and Black widow.. You have to think that a lot of these characters will be doing cameos in the others movies.. The CGI is getting some much better year after year i was happy about how the Hulk turned out....

Last edited:
Ah, and helpfully, the google affiliate network provided targeted ads to the avengers facebook page when I clicked on this thread.

Now I'll know how best to spend my money.

Back