Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

:spin: NBA 2k12

zoombabyzoom

This is the best sports game of the year if you asked me. And I love NHL 12 (though NHL 11 was better), and Madden of course. Just wanted to share some of the things that make this game so good.

My Player mode
It is challenging and your always have motivating factors to keep playing. During your first couple years you always get new endorsements such as Jordan. Your guy will be on billboards, be in "where ____ Happens" commercials, make your own shoes, be on the cover of next years game, magazine covers, etc. After those you have game, season, and career milestones to nab, as well as making the Hall of Fame. And of course once your a Free Agent, which is so cool. You can customize your character to the extremes. Sure you have all the facial features, tattoos, accessories, etc. But you can modify how your player dribbles, shoots (fadeaways, runners, jumpers, layups, dunks, step back, post shots, etc). Furthermore, you can always request a trade. You just give your team one, two, or three teams you wish to be traded to and in about 5 days you usually get traded.

Online Association
Association is NBA 2k12s franchise mode. Me and 3 buddies have an online mode and we did a fantasy draft (draft order is completely random though). Trades are pretty easy to make in this with the computer or user(s). You can scout, sign free agents, make coaching philosophy/stategy changes. And the best feature is you can play games ahead of the date your at. For example last night our league was at April 12th and I played 4 games that were after that date. Also you can set the leagues speed. Ours is pretty quick and a day in it lasts 6 hours.

Offline Association
Just started one with the Clippers, pretty sweet. The trade finder option makes it easy to make trades. You can change up your coaching staff (Head, assistant, trainer, nba scout, 3 college scouts, etc). Also you can train your players in offseason and during the season. Trading is awesome because you can actually perform 3 team trades, I repeat 3 team trades. Havent yet tried the free agency or draft in this mode yet.

NBA Legends
This mode is where you play with the old teams. Like Celtics vs. Lakers from the 80s and such. It is very realistic, not only do the players look like from that period (including shorter shorts every decade you go back) but the broadcast is older looking. Even the commentary is from that era.

Overall, this game is amazing. Never had so many game modes to play that I really enjoy. Only bad thing is playing a team-up option online, it takes FOREVER for the matchmaking. But me and a buddy will team up against the computer which is fun.

I haven't gotten too many Basketball games over the years but when I did, it was always NBA Live franchise, maybe one every 5 years. IMO, NBA 2K wasn't very good early on..

This year I played the demo of 2k12 and loved it so I bought the game. I still like NHL 11 better but its pretty good game.

I have just been so impressed with this game. Seems like they thought of almost everything.

Wish you could simulate my player mode without going into the game and get points like on MLB:The Show.

Back