Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Soup is Back On

tinselwolverine

My good buddy Jeff Suppan (OK, he's not my good buddy, I've only met him a couple times when I was having a beer at his jernt) won his first MLB game in something like 2 or 3 years, going 5 innings for the Pads, striking out two and walking two, and giving up no earned runs.

I don't know how many more miles Soup has on him, but he's been working to come back (he's had to spend some time in the minors) and I'm glad at least to see him have a little more success in the golden era of his relatively good MLB career (a lot of years and a lot of decisions).

Never an ace, he was generally really solid 3 or 4 guy with a career record right around .500, which is pretty good for a 3 or 4 guy over the course of 17 years.

Back