Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cole Hamels - Douchebag

Also, Leyland was going to put a call into Torre's office tonight to tell him he thinks 5 games was a joke.

Also fuck Jerry Manuel for crying about Zimmerman hitting Hamels in retaliation, crying that he could have injured him.

I'd have throw at his fucking head.

hamels is an asshole. he deserves at least 3 times the suspension. throwing at a guy because he's a rookie? because you want to be "old school"? if he wants to be old school then he should throw 150-pitch complete games every 4 days or shut the fuck up. actually, he should just shut the fuck up regardless. what a colossal douchebag.

He's not dumb for throwing at the rookie, he's dumb for diming himself out.

He's not dumb for throwing at the rookie, he's dumb for diming himself out.

Yes he is.

What reason could he possibly have for throwing at a 19 year old kid who's done nothing to warrant being thrown at.

It was an assclown move, and an even dumber one to try to take credit for it.

wonder what the douche-bag thinks of old school now, and eye for an eye. at least they got a chance to hit him back.

Yeah, he's the only one that ever does that. Lol.

I'm reminded of all the other rookies that Hamels has earholed over the years. There was ...and there was...and let's not forget...and then, of course, Bryce Harper. Who's Next?

Last edited:
I'm reminded of all the other rookies that Hamels has earholed over the years. There was ...and there was...and let's not forget...and then, of course, Bryce Harper. Who's Next?

I'm not just about about Hamel's and rookies. But SP hit players just for the hell of it at times, its the way it goes. You just don't hear them tell everyone.

I'm not just about about Hamel's and rookies. But SP hit players just for the hell of it at times, its the way it goes. You just don't hear them tell everyone.

Really.

I cannot think of a single instance a player was hit "just for the hell of it".

It's almost always some form of retaliation, or sending a message.

What was Cole's message? "Welcome to the big leagues kid, I'm jealous of all the attention you get and I don't, here, have a fastball in the spine".

Really.

I cannot think of a single instance a player was hit "just for the hell of it".

It's almost always some form of retaliation, or sending a message.

What was Cole's message? "Welcome to the big leagues kid, I'm jealous of all the attention you get and I don't, here, have a fastball in the spine".

In all of baseball you can't think of one? Well, maybe its because all other pitchers don't come out and admit it like Hamel's. And I'm not sure Hamel's ever said it was because he was jealous? Can you read his thoughts now?

This topic is about hitting rookies. Hamels said he hit Harper because he was a rookie. Hamels has hit 27 batters in his career. They all must have been rookies at the time.

http://tinyurl.com/86c59cz

They really need to figure out a way to suspend starting pitchers. A five game suspension is a joke. A 10 game is probably too harsh, considering that's a good chunk of pay.

I'd like to see a ban for 1 scheduled start where they somehow have to skip him in the rotation, as opposed to just pushing him a day.

They really need to figure out a way to suspend starting pitchers. A five game suspension is a joke. A 10 game is probably too harsh, considering that's a good chunk of pay.

I'd like to see a ban for 1 scheduled start where they somehow have to skip him in the rotation, as opposed to just pushing him a day.

maybe suspend him for 5 days without the pay but then make him miss 2 scheduled starts regardless. that way he still misses the amt of starts without losing that much pay.

Last edited:
This topic is about hitting rookies. Hamels said he hit Harper because he was a rookie. Hamels has hit 27 batters in his career. They all must have been rookies at the time.

http://tinyurl.com/86c59cz

I never mentioned it was all rookies. If you think Pedro didn't throw at someone for no reason, you'd be wrong.

I never mentioned it was all rookies. If you think Pedro didn't throw at someone for no reason, you'd be wrong.

Re: Rookies. I know you never mentioned that. Hamels did, though. That's his reasoning. And it's crap, given that he never threw at Posey, Heyward, Chris Johnson or Neil Walker. He did hit Gaby Sanchez, though.

Pedro has reasons all his own for throwing at batters. But Pedro is not even close to the active single-season leader in HBP. That's the ruthless animal known as Kerry Wood.

Last edited:
Pedro has reasons all his own for throwing at batters. But Pedro is not even close to the active single-season leader in HBP. That's the ruthless animal known as Kerry Wood.

Now we're talking about most HBP? All I said was, Pedro threw at people. And it wasn't all because he had a reason.

Back