Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden 13

zoombabyzoom

Here is a look at the cover and the rookie ratings.

389685_10150852792353605_95004133604_9765866_1068087816_n.jpg

http://www.pastapadre.com/screenshot-gallery?picasaViewAlbumId=2012RookiesForMadden12UltimateTeam,0

Luck 85, RG3 83, Reiff 78

Rieff will be a 89/90 after two years. Which will be awesome.

So glad to hear that Chris Collinsworth and Gus Johnson are not the commentators anymore. And they say they fixed where defenders automatically know where the ball is even when they arent looking. Meaning I can actually throw to the back shoulder and shit. Defenses also are able to disguise their coverages so that moving a man in motion doesn't tell you whether its zone/man

I'm starting to hate Madden and its $60 price tag and barely a change from year to year. I wish they'd bring back a PC version but until then I doubt I buy it this year. At least until Jan/Feb to get a deal.

I might have missed it but in the video you posted above, the 40 plays or so it ran, not one run play. All pass. I know its a passing game now but come on, show me some run plays.

Last edited:
Also in the "Total Control Passing" you will be able to lob passes over a dlineman or opposing LBs. Pretty much your in control of the trajectory or arc. Motion Blur seems like a neat addition as well, trying to make it a more realistic passing experience I would gather. And LBs are no unable to pick off passes when they shouldnt! DBs also wont even make plays on the ball unless they are looking. Same goes for the WRs if they are in the midst of their route you can't throw them the ball because they wont be looking for it.

And play action got fixed as well, the motion is quicker and after the snap if you see pressure you can press a button to cancel the PA and your RB will instead block.

Also a new game mode that is rumored to be an online mode. Where you can pit your "My Player" against other users

Also in the "Total Control Passing" you will be able to lob passes over a dlineman or opposing LBs. Pretty much your in control of the trajectory or arc. Motion Blur seems like a neat addition as well, trying to make it a more realistic passing experience I would gather. And LBs are no unable to pick off passes when they shouldnt! DBs also wont even make plays on the ball unless they are looking. Same goes for the WRs if they are in the midst of their route you can't throw them the ball because they wont be looking for it.

And play action got fixed as well, the motion is quicker and after the snap if you see pressure you can press a button to cancel the PA and your RB will instead block.

Wait a moment, QB throw the ball all the time to a WR in "midst" of a route. Its called timing. That won't happen anymore?

No, its to fix a glitch. You could throw the ball against Cover 3 instantly to a WR say when he is route is taking him away from the QB. And the WR would just 'know' the ball is coming without ever looking at the QB. Basically your not going to be allowed to glitch the defense by taking advantage of psychic WRs. Its so good they finally fixed that.

Also,
Special teams coverage has been revamped to get rid of player clustering. EA is also integrating cover and lane logic, new formations, and better wedges on returns.

Last edited:
No, its to fix a glitch. You could throw the ball against Cover 3 instantly to a WR say when he is route is taking him away from the QB. And the WR would just 'know' the ball is coming without ever looking at the QB. Basically your not going to be allowed to glitch the defense by taking advantage of psychic WRs. Its so good they finally fixed that.

Also,
Special teams coverage has been revamped to get rid of player clustering. EA is also integrating cover and lane logic, new formations, and better wedges on returns.

How about the situation where the QB throws the ball, and the WR turns in mid route (before the ball gets to them) to make a catch? That can't happen anymore because now because the QB won't even be allowed to throw it?

I understand the glitches and bad Madden play but that should be possible.

I heard you can use your Xbox points in bounty mode.

Your able to throw the ball to lead your WR before his route is completed and all of that. You just wont be able to throw the ball when your not supposed to be able to. Like if your WR is performing a double move, that WR while he is trying to put the move on the DB won't be looking for the ball till he completes his move. Just like in the real NFL. However, if the CB blitzes your WR will look for the ball immediately

In all seriousness I'm with you Michrapp. I am getting tired of the same bland gameplay and the hefty price tag. Like most though I'll still buy it and hope the upgrades improve the gameplay as Zoom seems to think.

Kinda want to guess on the ratings for the rest of the team. Last years ratings in ()

QB: Stafford 90 (80), Hill 74 (76)
RB: Best 78 (80), LeShoure 72 (72)
WR Johnson 99 (93), Young 79 (69), Burleson 78 (77), Broyles 73
TE: Pettigrew 87 (81), Sheffler 79 (78)
OL: Backus 79 (83), Sims 82 (84), Raiola 77 (80), Peterman 73 (75), Reiff 78, Cherilus 69 (80)
DL: Avril 89 (85), Suh 95 (89), Williams 84 (86), Fairley 83 (77), KVB 76 (80), SLH 77 (74), Young 72 (62)
LB: Tulloch 92 (87), Levy 78 (77), Durant 82 (80)
DB: Delmas 85 (84), Speivey 74 (73), Houston 84 (78), Smith 77 (75), Bentley 69
K: Hanson 90 (88)
P: cant find last years rating, but who cares its a punter

In all seriousness I'm with you Michrapp. I am getting tired of the same bland gameplay and the hefty price tag. Like most though I'll still buy it and hope the upgrades improve the gameplay as Zoom seems to think.

They got us by the cojones and they know it. No other NFL game.

Kinda want to guess on the ratings for the rest of the team. Last years ratings in ()

QB: Stafford 90 (80), Hill 74 (76)
RB: Best 78 (80), LeShoure 72 (72)
WR Johnson 99 (93), Young 79 (69), Burleson 78 (77), Broyles 73
TE: Pettigrew 87 (81), Sheffler 79 (78)
OL: Backus 79 (83), Sims 82 (84), Raiola 77 (80), Peterman 73 (75), Reiff 78, Cherilus 69 (80)
DL: Avril 89 (85), Suh 95 (89), Williams 84 (86), Fairley 83 (77), KVB 76 (80), SLH 77 (74), Young 72 (62)
LB: Tulloch 92 (87), Levy 78 (77), Durant 82 (80)
DB: Delmas 85 (84), Speivey 74 (73), Houston 84 (78), Smith 77 (75), Bentley 69
K: Hanson 90 (88)
P: cant find last years rating, but who cares its a punter

Funny how the whole OL went down. Btw, Fairley went up quite a bit for doing little.

My biggest complaints for Madden go as follows:

Online Franchise mode has no depth and lacks a lot of gameplay.
- Doesnt sound like they have updated at all, least no news of it.

LBs somehow able to jump through the roof to pick the pass.
- Thats been eliminated.

CBs and WRs able to know where the ball is and catch it without looking.
- New AI has solved that.

Play Action never worked because you would get sacked before you could throw it.
- They adjusted the speed of the PA and now able to cancel it after snap, plus defenses are fooled by it more often.

Kick Returning and Punt Returning was sometimes impossible, where you would have two blockers to block 5 or 6 players.
- Sounds like they made an attempt to change that.

Last edited:
Back