Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romney was a jerk in high school

Michchamp

LOL. he was a real bully at Cranbrook, the toughest school in the whole state of Michigan.

Link.

And Obama was a coke/pot head in high school. Habitually. Was Romney a habitual bully?

And Obama was a coke/pot head in high school. Habitually. Was Romney a habitual bully?

solely for argument sake: what's worse? a guy who picks on other people (physically smaller people, and with a 5 to 1 advantage no less), or a guy who gets high sometimes?

solely for argument sake: what's worse? a guy who picks on other people (physically smaller people, and with a 5 to 1 advantage no less), or a guy who gets high sometimes?

I don't know: Obama got high all the time. Versus a guy who bullied someone once.

I don't know: Obama got high all the time. Versus a guy who bullied someone once.

seems to me harming another person - even on one occasion) is worse than harming yourself (assuming getting high is even harmful, since he went on to Occidental, Columbia, Harvard law school, the US Senate, and the Presidency...)

seems to me harming another person - even on one occasion) is worse than harming yourself (assuming getting high is even harmful, since he went on to Occidental, Columbia, Harvard law school, the US Senate, and the Presidency...)

that explains Obama's failure at the highest office

The point is that where was the Washington Post, NBC, MSNBC, et.al., the media in vetting Obama as a high-schooler...or at any time? Nowhere. College transcripts? Nowhere. Associations? Not important. Drug use? Irrelevant.

The way that the media covers the same things about liberal and conservative candidates is startling.

Michelle wearing $500 shoes at a soup kitchen: fashionable
Ann Romney wearing anything less than a $1 off-the-rack dress: out of touch with the people

Uneducated conservative: moron
Uneducated liberal: free spirit

Romney running for president for 12 years: ignoring his present responsibilities
Clinton running for president since he was 16 years old: ambitious

Obama has a druggie: experimenting adolescent
If Romney is discovered as doing drugs even once in high school: spoiled, white boy

Sorry, but this is irrelevant. Mitt was just a kid, so what he did then doesn't reflect what he is now. I was not a nice guy in schhol and i drank a lot. Only 11 years later, i am a completely different person. He shouldnt play the ignorance card though. He should try to reach out to this guy, apologize and explain that he was just a child and that those actions dont reflect his personalty now.

And i am an obama supporter. Just hope this doesnt become an attack ad.

I agree Monster. For the record, this wouldn't factor in whether I would vote for Romney or not. I just thought it was funny, hence the "LOL," and crack about Cranbrook in post #1.

Sorry, but this is irrelevant. Mitt was just a kid, so what he did then doesn't reflect what he is now. I was not a nice guy in schhol and i drank a lot. Only 11 years later, i am a completely different person. He shouldnt play the ignorance card though. He should try to reach out to this guy, apologize and explain that he was just a child and that those actions dont reflect his personalty now.

The guy died in 2004, and I imagine that he got over it at some point. Romney cut some hair off his head. Not a good idea, but not earth-shattering by comparison to what was possible.

Last edited:
I agree Monster. For the record, this wouldn't factor in whether I would vote for Romney or not. I just thought it was funny, hence the "LOL," and crack about Cranbrook in post #1.

And what gang were you in at Brother Rice?

I was in the honor-student/cross-country-runner gang.

As you might imagine, we were pretty popular in school, and really tough. no one messed with us.

no one ever pinned me down and cut my hair. it was kinda long my freshman year (I could chew on it.)

I was in the honor-student/cross-country-runner gang.

As you might imagine, we were pretty popular in school, and really tough. no one messed with us.

no one ever pinned me down and cut my hair. it was kinda long my freshman year (I could chew on it.)

Every kid at Rice was a tough guy. Right. I know differently. Not a knock, but just the case with any HS population. Some are; some aren't.

I realize that. The media has spun this way out of control.

You guys remember in Flatliners when the Kieffer Sutherland character bullied that kid in the red hoodie and the kid died and then when Kieffer's character flatlined that kid came into his near death experience then the kid came into Kieffer's dreams or something and kept beating the shit out of Kieffer and it was a real ordeal?

That's what this is kinda like.

I'm guessing Bush... white, wealthy, privileged kid, in the biggest meathead asshole frat at Yale, did mountains of coke; a lot more than Barack would've had a chance to do. So... yeah, that explains the Iraq War. at least. among other things, right?

Back