Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit-Cleveland Predictions

Assuming we can hit at all, Scherzer will outpitch Tomlin, Game 1 to the Tigers.

Fister should be able to keep in check, again more about the bats. Game 2 to Tigers.

Porcello will likely get shafted, and get both Betemit and Raburn on the infield, and will give up hits that should have been outs. Ubaldo got touched up last time out so might be hard to hit this time. Game 3 to Tribe.

Should have a 2.5 game lead after the series.

I think our bats are ready to go off. This lineup is lethal and hasn't yet hit on all cylinders. it's getting ready to pop though and I hop this series is the launching point.

First game is the the key game of series.
Scherzer has to step up and shut them down with Tigers winning,
if they lose they might be out of first place after Sunday.

Not having Al Al hurts the bullpen, an indians strength.

with Raburn 3 for 6, and Betemit 7 for 15 against tomlin, I would expect both in tonights lineup.

edit at 2:50. and both are in the lineup batting 8th and 9th and playing second and third.

The Mighty Max and Porcello have been major disappointments as of late. If they don't come around, we won't win.

This is the type of series where having at least one southpaw starter for the Tigers to throw out would be key. Tribe will be marching out 7 lefty hitters against our RHP Starters.
Fister's Lefty vs Righty splits are marginal, Max's are more significant, and Rick gets absolutely crushed by LH hitters (BAA .100 higher!). Not to mention both Max and Rick have given most of their dongs to leftys this year too.
I would be very pleased with 2 of 3 this series.

I would have said Tigers take 2 of 3, and after last night, I'll stick by that. Good win by Scherzer. If he can get going for the last month and a half, I like the tigers chances to remain atop the division.

One thing about Scherzer, is that he is 27, but has been in the league fewer years than Verlander. Verlander's consistency didn't start to develop until he was 26, and he's been building since then. Maybe Scherzer starts to put it together now at around the same age?

So...who was the 1 person who predicted a sweep?

Speak up, I owe you +1 Karma.

And -1 Karma if you lie and say you are the person, and aren't.

I wish I would have predicted it. But hearing the comparisons from home and away vs. Cleveland is stunning. Last season the Tigers were 8-1 at home and 1-8 at Cleveland. This season, the Tigers are 5-1 at home and 1-5 at Cleveland.
Side note, I was at the 1 Tiger victory in Cleveland. Thanks you Verlander. But I also attended two losses in Cleveland.

I'd give a +1 if they said they predicted it before it was over. When I voted I also put "2 for the D" so people knew what my vote was. I was wrong and I'm happy for that. lol Way to go A-Jax!

I did. My post was meant to say sweep baby not sweet baby :) But I don't want any karma.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I did. My post was meant to say sweep baby not sweet baby :) But I don't want any karma.

Where in my post did I ask you if you wanted it or not?

+1 anyways.

Back