Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Survival Sunday

TheVictors

This M City v QPR game is insane! Red card, short-handed yet up 2-1 and MC fans in agony ...

The kid just threw on his Inter Milan jersey and is playing out in the yard right now..

Two goals in stoppage time, for MCs first title in 44 years!

Holy shit! That was awesome!!!!

Man U went from Champs to 2nd place in a heartbeat.

I was rooting for them... Claps all around for QPR (except the guy who threw a elbow) for pushing MC to the end.... Great finish..... Good stuff.

Well it serves the fans right for MC who wore championship shirts before the game even started the game... don't ever tempt the sports gods with achievements before they happen.. Great stuff..

Last edited:
Yeah ol' QPR gave them all they could handle. Don't count your chickens for sure.

I didn't realize it was 1968 that it was MC last title. Hard to root for either MC and MU because they spend so much but after so many years those last 2 goals in injury time were well deserved..

Now here is a question... The announcers after MC tied it up 2-2 or thereabouts said that the QPR players were celebrating on the bench because they new that they had survived and Bolton was regulated. Did they let the 3rd goal in because not everyone is a Man U. Most fan hates them.. I hope not but you never know.

Last edited:
Now here is a question... The announcers after MC tied it up 2-2 or thereabouts said that the QPR players were celebrating on the bench because they new that they had survived and Bolton was regulated. Did they let the 3rd goal in because everyone not a Man U. fan hates them.. I hope not but you never know.

I think its hard to say QPR allowed two goals all of a sudden because they knew they were through, but the team definitely knew the Bolton score. I think MC had been dominating play from the red card on but only finally broke through at the end.

Either way, definitely exciting

Back