Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hudson or Raburn

biggunsbob

SD waived Hudson today

Might as well take a flyer on him and see if he has anything left in the tank.. Orlando Hudson would be a upgrade defensively over Raburn... Kept Raburn and dump Young..or try and trade young for a any relief pitcher... but i would be happy with either Delmon and Ryan gone but for a odd reason i choose keep Raburn over DY right now..

.211/ .260 /.317/.577 0 doubles, 5 triples 1 homer and 11 rbis 3 sb's.
.157 /.223/.235/. 5 doubles, 0 triples, 1 homer, 6 rbi's 1sb.

Last edited:
it looks like Hudson has some speed left as he has 5 triples this year. He still has 3 steals.. Santiago has only 1 double and 1 triple zero sb's... if we can wait it out and get him for free with SD paying him it is worth the gamble

Lifetime

Hudson .276/.343/.415/.757 age 34
Santiago.247/313/338/.652 age 32

This year
Hudson .211/260/.317/.577
Santiago.161/.226/.214/.440

Fielding lifetime
Hudson .986 FP and 5.32 range.
Santiago.984 FP and 4.81 range

fielding 2012

Hudson .986 4.69
Santiago .987 FP 3.77 range

Last edited:
I don't love the idea, but his numbers do look better than Santiago's. If he's free, I guess I'd be on board.

Has there every been a baseball player who's free?

Yeah in a sense... many players get cut and paid by their former team while they play elsewhere. To answer your larger question, no. As the saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Yeah in a sense... many players get cut and paid by their former team while they play elsewhere. To answer your larger question, no. As the saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

When they get cut, the new team still has to pay them the ML minimum, pro-rated of course. You can't get a player for 0 dollars.

When they get cut, the new team still has to pay them the ML minimum, pro-rated of course. You can't get a player for 0 dollars.

Oh, right... I guess I didn't get exactly what you were asking. I thought you were saying that the cutting team was off the hook for the previous salary once the player signs elsewhere. Pro-rated ML Vet Minimum is essentially free in the baseball world though.

Well there is the thought he may be bad for a clubhouse... He has been on a lot of teams so maybe there is something to that he can't stick with any club and wears out his welcome. I mean is it a solution ...Probably not but if we could catch lightning in a bottle for a few months with a older player I say go for it...

Well there is the thought he may be bad for a clubhouse... He has been on a lot of teams so maybe there is something to that he can't stick with any club and wears out his welcome. I mean is it a solution ...Probably not but if we could catch lightning in a bottle for a few months with a older player I say go for it...

He really isn't a solution though.

Most people agree DD is going to make a move for a 2B before the deadline, so getting Hudson would force them to drop someone from the 40-man roster to make room temporarily.

They aren't likely to drop Raburn or Young, they could drop a pitcher, but who knows if it's worth it to do that for a guy who's just a band-aid in the meantime.

Hudson's only an upgrade if he hits his career average, which isn't likely, since he was hitting under the Mendoza line.

Last edited:
Back