Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chelsea Wins in a shootout

biggunsbob

Chelsea at Bayern Munich will be Saturday at 2.45 pm est. Normally these games are at neutral sites but give BM credit.. They are the host city and they made it through. Tough draw in my opinion for Chelsea.. They already are down 4 guys to cards and Munich has lost 2 guys.. Only way for Chelsea to play in the champions league next year is to win this game.. Bayern finished second in their league so they are in.. I hope it is a good match..

Chelsea had a terrible EPL season but they have the talent to win any game as long as they play with emotion. They seemed to coast for the majority of the year which resulted in their manager getting fired. By the time they decided to 'turn it on' they were in way to deep of a hole. However they have been a different team this tourney and I think they match up well with Munich. The loss of Terry and Ramieres will definitely be felt by the Blues but they have the experience to overcome such losses.

I think Di Matteo will use the exact same strategy he used against Barcelona tomorrow. They will let Munich control the ball and pass around all day, but wont let them do any damage once they get into the final 1/3 of the field. Chelsea will get the vast majority of their scoring chances off of the counter attack, and having Drogba up top provides them with very dangerous option off the corner kick.

I think Chelsea wins 2-1.

Last edited:
I hope your right... I like watching Chelsea and I want Di Matteo to win to force the owners hand...I think Terry has been playing really poorly recently although he did have a goal verses Blackburn on the last game of the season... Missing Ramieres hurts because he is so damn fast on the counter attack. I just hope we have a good game...

Chelsea wins the penalty shootout 4-3 after missing their 1st one... Was that all meant to be or what....

Last edited:
Chelsea had a deeper 5 in the shootout... The last two penalty shots from BM where awful..

Tottenham Hotspur's the team that finished in fourth place needed B. Munich to win over Chelsea to keep their spot in next years Champions league. Chelsea's win knocks them out ... They will lose over 32 million because of it..

Drogba is a fucking beast! He just solidified himself as the best Chelsea player of all time. The dude comes up big literally every single game.

This might have been his last game with Chelsea...if so what a way to go out!

Chelsea had a terrible EPL season but they have the talent to win any game as long as they play with emotion. They seemed to coast for the majority of the year which resulted in their manager getting fired. By the time they decided to 'turn it on' they were in way to deep of a hole. However they have been a different team this tourney and I think they match up well with Munich. The loss of Terry and Ramieres will definitely be felt by the Blues but they have the experience to overcome such losses.

I think Di Matteo will use the exact same strategy he used against Barcelona tomorrow. They will let Munich control the ball and pass around all day, but wont let them do any damage once they get into the final 1/3 of the field. Chelsea will get the vast majority of their scoring chances off of the counter attack, and having Drogba up top provides them with very dangerous option off the corner kick.

I think Chelsea wins 2-1.

I told you that drogba was dangerous on corner kicks!

Drogba is a fucking beast! He just solidified himself as the best Chelsea player of all time. The dude comes up big literally every single game.

This might have been his last game with Chelsea...if so what a way to go out!

With a chance to win it you knew he was going to make that Penalty..

You wonder why they would not try and get him for 1 more year... I thought he was a beast at times... Probably him and Torres can't co-exist or something..

Back