Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

what does the "Karma" count....

oletoes

mean? and what is it for? Still learning this forum and was hoping someone could enlighten me. thanks!

My understanding is that K=E-S, where K is Karma, E is the number of times someone clicks 'exalt' on one of your posts, and S is the number of times someone clicks 'smite' on one of your posts.

OK, that makes sense...thanks for clearing that up for me Red. For that you shall be exalted! lol

Um, I've got the explaination (the real one) on here somewhere, but I got run. Search my username and you'll come across it. Unless someone else cares to explain (the real one, that is) . . .

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Um, I've got the explaination (the real one) on here somewhere, but I got run. Search my username and you'll come across it. Unless someone else cares to explain (the real one, that is) . . .

Do you mean this:

Under your username there's a "popularity contest." You get Karma points for posting useful, funny, etc items. Or just if someone agrees with you. The points add up (you currently have 4). If someone disagrees or just plain doesn't like you, they can Smite you and take away a point.

You can only give or take a point once an hour, so if you want to give several people a Karma point you have to wait to "reload" before giving the 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Read more: http://www.yamaharaptorforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=298&start=0#ixzz1VVfZuV7H

Or if you've wronged and, or disagreed with someone, they will hold a grudge and smite you every time they think about it..

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Or if you've wronged and, or disagreed with someone, they will hold a grudge and smite you every time they think about it..

says the guy with -23 lmao

the stuff you say is usually pretty funny though, people to need to lighten up.

Delivery through typing can be difficult, sarcasm doesn't always stick and you end up sounding like a dick. The funny thing is less than a week ago I was neutral karma.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Delivery through typing can be difficult, sarcasm doesn't always stick and you end up sounding like a dick. The funny thing is less than a week ago I was neutral karma.

So if you think you're Abed and we're the shocked people around the table, who's the goat?

yeah ive seen a couple times where youve said something and the person takes it seriously.

the power of the "lol"

dannyboy, current Karma numbers notwithstanding, we have a lot in common.

I too struggle with these things

MichChamp02 said:

Strikethrough can help. Using strikethrough you can let people know when you think they're being <s>complete morons</s> valuable contributors.

Red and Guilty said:
MichChamp02 said:

Strikethrough can help. Using strikethrough you can let people know when you think they're being <s>complete morons</s> valuable contributors.

LOL LOL

Red and Guilty said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

Do you mean this:

Under your username there's a "popularity contest." You get Karma points for posting useful, funny, etc items. Or just if someone agrees with you. The points add up (you currently have 4). If someone disagrees or just plain doesn't like you, they can Smite you and take away a point.

You can only give or take a point once an hour, so if you want to give several people a Karma point you have to wait to "reload" before giving the 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Read more: http://www.yamaharaptorforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=298&start=0#ixzz1VVfZuV7H

Forgot to say, "Yes, thank you."

Back