Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NATO convention sucks

Michchamp

I haven't gone near or seen any of the protests in person, but the heavy police presence in and around the Loop is pretty eerie.

talked to an off-duty fireman outside a bar Saturday night, and he said around his firehouse, they're pretty cynical about the whole thing, insofar as the response is WAY overblown and absurd, given the number of protestors, and the fact that they were unarmed. he said anywhere he went you could count on there being a few dozen SWAT members being there... and that's on top of the regular uniformed CPD AND all the redneck/meathead rent-a-cops they've trucked in from Indiana and parts further south.

he was happy with the OT pay he was earning, however. supposedly all of it covered by the Feds.

Funny how a bunch of unarmed hippie commie pinkos can make such a substantially louder and more noticed statement than the armed to the teeth Tea Party Movement.

yeah. do some google searches for pics. you will see the CPD & aux police forces doing all sorts of shit the mainstream media will never cover, and therefore morons like tsmith won't ever know about.

Whoa, whoa, whao ....you got a YouTube video of this?!

yeah. do some google searches for pics. you will see the CPD & aux police forces doing all sorts of shit the mainstream media will never cover, and therefore morons like tsmith won't ever know about.

Some of it is warranted. You always go against whatever the Police are doing. Sometimes they need to knock some heads in.

Funny how a bunch of unarmed hippie commie pinkos can make such a substantially louder and more noticed statement than the armed to the teeth Tea Party Movement.

lol...what do they ever accomplish??? Tea Party movement has elected numerous conservative politicians and spearheaded the largest republican victory in 2010 taking over 700 seats throughout the country without getting run over in the streets.

Last edited:
lol...what do they ever accomplish??? Tea Party movement has elected numerous conservative politicians and spearheaded the largest republican victory in 2010 taking over 700 seats throughout the country without getting run over in the streets.

Well since all Tea Party means is Republican party, sure. Of course the 2010 election brought us some of the most inept, incompetent boobs to ever hit DC, but don't blame me ...you voted for them, not me.

Last edited:
Well since all Tea Party means is Republican party, sure. Of course the 2010 election brought us some of the most inept, incompetent boobs to ever hit DC, but don't blame me ...you voted for them, not me.

Those boobs are the 70-80 yr old dems that cant give it up
why dont you turn your blanket statement into something specific, if you care to have a discussion

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

The Tea Party is a fake "movement" made of old white guys who are angry that their lifetime of entitlement is over and that the country is evolving and that leadership is more representative of the population.

The anger and venom aimed at Obama was partially rooted in racism but glossed over in populist rhetoric and propaganda that brought every gun-toting lunatic out of the wood work.

So powerful lobbyists and Super Pacs invent the Tea Party and throw millions of dollars behind puppet candidates, many of whom had no experience at all.

So to be specific, Dick Lugar lost to a nutjob "Tea Party" candidate as did other REPUBLICANS, because your party has been hijacked by lobbyists who operate behind the veil of the Tea Party.

There - now I have to go to work so I can maintain my place in the 1% and you can go create jobs, Mr Small Business Owner.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

The Tea Party is a fake "movement" made of old white guys who are angry that their lifetime of entitlement is over and that the country is evolving and that leadership is more representative of the population.

The anger and venom aimed at Obama was partially rooted in racism but glossed over in populist rhetoric and propaganda that brought every gun-toting lunatic out of the wood work.

So powerful lobbyists and Super Pacs invent the Tea Party and throw millions of dollars behind puppet candidates, many of whom had no experience at all.

So to be specific, Dick Lugar lost to a nutjob "Tea Party" candidate as did other REPUBLICANS, because your party has been hijacked by lobbyists who operate behind the veil of the Tea Party.

There - now I have to go to work so I can maintain my place in the 1% and you can go create jobs, Mr Small Business Owner.

I liked watching the media & the GOP establishment ignore the Tea Party members who started actually thinking for themselves and deviated from the politically-correct "Tea Party Express" line and started calling out GOP leadership equally, and not in the racist, ignorant, birther line of thinking (which was still acceptable.)

When you have anti-abortionists calling themselves the 'Tea Party' you know its a meaningless label and association.

tea party was a grass root uprising of people feed up with the spending. I have been to several meetings. They consist of no elected officials.
MSNBC likes to portray them as something thy're not....so be it.
Racist, sorry not even a hint. Just so happens our president is black, but the problem we have is he spends too much money. $1.5 T decifits are unexceptable wether your white or black.

Dick Lugar lost because he isnt conservative. Murdoch has won statewide office twice, so he isnt a no name "nutjob". In fact, you probably dont even know one fact about him..quick google him...

Last edited:
When you have anti-abortionists calling themselves the 'Tea Party' you know its a meaningless label and association.

Means nothing in today's world. When over 50% of Catholics vote for a dem. who is anti-life then something is wrong.

When voting occurs most seem to forget about their religious views and moral views. Some people vote for the one they find more attractive. That's some messed up logic.

Means nothing in today's world. When over 50% of Catholics vote for a dem. who is anti-life then something is wrong.

When voting occurs most seem to forget about their religious views and moral views. Some people vote for the one they find more attractive. That's some messed up logic.

95% black vote dem...yet many are supposedly religious.......liberalism trumps religion for most dems

tea party is racist?? why did they overwhelmingly support Allen West??? West won in a democratic district in south florida.....without the tea party he was toast.

tea party is racist?? why did they overwhelmingly support Allen West??? West won in a democratic district in south florida.....without the tea party he was toast.

I know this may be difficult for you to follow, but in saying that some elements of the tea party have espoused racist views, I'm not saying that the tea party is racist. I think my post was clear.

Back