Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

learning about acquaintances via Facebook

redandguilty

If you don't talk to someone for 15 years and they friend you on facebook, you open yourself up to surprises. Turns out, I know someone that's going to take a vacation to go to a Creation Museum in TN. I wonder if they enjoyed the TED talk I posted last week on how some dinosaurs that we thought were different species were just young and adult versions of the same species.

I don't think they would mind the talk.

They might wonder who "Ted" was, but they have plenty of amusing ways to explain the existence of dinosaurs that allows them to still believe in the literal Bible, so it shouldn't have been a problem. now if you start mocking the logical leaps they have to take to get there, they might get confused and angry. they'll de-friend you.

this is fucking ridiculous:
Enjoy the wonders of God?s Creation as you uncover what natural selection can and cannot do. In this special exhibit, examine an aquarium that resembles a real cave. This cave aquarium features live blind cavefish, showing how natural selection allows organisms to possess characteristics most favorable for a given environment?but it is not an example of evolution in the molecules-to-man sense. You?ll also uncover the truth about antibiotic resistant bacteria.​
the TRUTH about MRSA? of course we are dying to know what the Bible says about it... I'd rather have "faith" that modern medicine will figure it out though...

...natural selection allows organisms to possess characteristics most favorable for a given environment?but it is not an example of evolution in the molecules-to-man sense​
natural selection allows organisms to EVOLVE to possess characteristics most favorable for a given environment.

and of course this isn't an example of the molecules-to-man sense of evolution... that's the scientific theory for the origin of life. that's something different, although related.

WTF is this?
The Creation Museum does have K-9 officers. Please note that these are working dogs and we ask that you not approach them to pet them or talk to them. Their focus cannot be diverted from their job.​
why do they need K-9 units? are they trained to sniff out and attack liberal atheist heathens like me?

and why would I go talk to a dog?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't talk to someone for 15 years and they friend you on facebook, you open yourself up to surprises. Turns out, I know someone that's going to take a vacation to go to a Creation Museum in TN. I wonder if they enjoyed the TED talk I posted last week on how some dinosaurs that we thought were different species were just young and adult versions of the same species.

It is in KY, you scared the crap out of me. I got my degree from a school in TN, I didn't want it to be lumped in with this mess.

"An exhibit showing humans coexisting peacefully with vegetarian Tyrannosaurus"

Ahahahahahhahhaha!

WTF is this?
The Creation Museum does have K-9 officers. Please note that these are working dogs and we ask that you not approach them to pet them or talk to them. Their focus cannot be diverted from their job.​
why do they need K-9 units? are they trained to sniff out and attack liberal atheist heathens like me?

and why would I go talk to a dog?

could go either way. could be an extreme atheist...could be a religious nut that thinks these guy are giving religion a bad name. Who knows. Maybe it's posturing. They just want to look like victims.

I have three big shepherds, and I'm not even showing an exhibit of a triceratops and a person peacefully co-existing in God's Garden of Eden.

I have three big shepherds, and I'm not even showing an exhibit of a triceratops and a person peacefully co-existing in God's Garden of Eden.

The dogs or the guys who wrangle sheep?

Last edited:
Ha, ha.

The dogs.

I'm pretty sure there's a display of the guys who wrangle sheep over at the Creationist Museum, though.

Last edited:
Back