Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Passed Ball = E2?

Should Passed Balls be an error on the catcher?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

cmlfactor

We remember Avila's passed ball that gave the Yankees a walk-off win, but he hasn't been alone. Seems like passed balls are becoming more common or at least they're calling them more often. It has always been my feeling that passed balls should be an error on the catcher. Infielders and outfielders can get missed catch errors so why can't CATCHers?

Yes but I think the more important poll would be is should pitchers get unearned runs if they'll the ones making the errors? NO.

Yes but I think the more important poll would be is should pitchers get unearned runs if they'll the ones making the errors? NO.

This one too. Agreed, they should be earned runs.

I disagree. Once the pitcher delivers the baseball, he becomes a fielder like any other defender.

I disagree. Once the pitcher delivers the baseball, he becomes a fielder like any other defender.

But he's the one giving himself unearned runs. A pitcher shouldn't look better in the box score because of his own doing.

But he's the one giving himself unearned runs. A pitcher shouldn't look better in the box score because of his own doing.

It's the fly shit in the pepper. The three league leaders in errors for pitchers in 2012 have three errors each. The league leader in 2011 had seven. Not worth separating pitchers' errors from any other defender.

Not familiar with that saying. But I disagree. And 7 errors is a lot when you pitch 33 times a year.

Back