Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Djovocik v Nadal at Rolan Garros 2014

tinselwolverine

Down right now two games to one to a traditional also ran.

Hope the Yank can rally there on the banks of the River Seine!!!

Last edited:
This was originally titled Roddick Already on the Ropes at Rolan Garros, but now that he's lost...

Does anybody else on this board care about tennis?

Personally I only follow the Grand Slam events, and maybe I'll pay attention to the Olympics.

If top seeded Djokovic wins, he'll become the third guy in about as many years to win a career Grand Slam - quite an era.

My girlfriend is Serbian so interest in tennis (and Djoker in particular) is a prerequisite.

I've changed the title of this thread a few times...based on the light response why start a whole bunch of French Open threads, right?

With her little black tennis togs, Maria looks like a Bloomfield Hills widow at her husband's funeral.

I was rooting for her to win... Now she has her career grand slam... Her career was in doubt after her shoulder operation.. Nice comeback by her.. I like the French open the best in tennis as I like the clay surface for some reason. I really can't tell you why i like it over the hard surface or grass but i do..

Last edited:
If Djokovic wins tomorrow, this will have been quite an historic tournament this year...

Sharapova moved to the US when she was 7 and she talks and acts just like any American gal.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's forgotten how to speak a lot of Russian.

It's time she just get naturalized as a US citizen so we can claim her as our own.

I got up this early because I always get up this early.

But if I didn't always get up this early, I would have gotten up this early to watch.

A Nadal win and he sets the record he currently holds in a tie with Bork for the most wins at Rolan Garros; a Djovocik win and he completes the career grand slam, and will hold all four of the major championships at one time (consecutive slam).

Nadal was up 2-0 in the match and 2-0 in the third ( i think) and then lost 8 in a row in the rain.. He is up 2-1 and down 2-1 in the fourth set and they are in a delay now... Good stuff.

Last edited:
Play resumes at 4 AM PDT tomorrow...I'll have to get up a half hour early to watch it...

I watch the slams. I am actually shocked to see the Djoker come back like he has. Nadal on clay is unbeatable. The most dominate clay court player ever. I was happy to see Sharapova win yesterday, She has had injuries the last few years but really has rededicated herself to the game. She sure is easy on the eyes as well. But it was great to see her celebration you can tell she put a lot of effort into her game.

Rewound from when they met here a couple of years ago...

Again...can the Joker become the third guy in a very short period of time to garner a career grand slam?

Missed this before starting new thread. My bad. Djokovic just won first set. He needed to.

Djokovic looks beaten at the start of the fourth. Looks like he's going to have to wait for career slam.

Novak fought back and Nadal looked a little wobbly late in the fourth but he had enough. Now 66-1 in the French with nine championships. Win ties him with Sampras at 14 total Grand Slams. Three to tie Roger, assuming he's done.

Back