Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who is our starting RB?

mhughes0021

It took an entire 3 carries for Best to get knocked out of the game tonight. Turf toes last year and a season ending concussion the year before....hes starting to show signs of what many of us fans feared when Schwartz traded up to get him. Hes undersized and not durable...at all. So....how long does he last this year?

I voted 4 but I am just not sure to be honest. I liked what Harrison showed tonight. We clearly are headed for another pass heavy year.

I mean honestly I don't think it was anything serious today man. Schwartz after the game said there was nothing to report, they took him in for testing to make sure nothing happened I think. And he was on the sideline the rest of the game still in pads just talking with everybody.

If it was regular season he would've been back in, but preseason? why does it matter?

He showed some good quickness today, especially on the second and short to get the first down. Is he the most durable RB in the league? no. but he's fine i THINK as of right now.

7 minutes ago - by John Kreger - RB Best sat out because he wasn't feeling well
RB Jahvid Best said he

idk...does it matter? I cant see many holes for any of our RB's to run through when the starters were out there.

Kind of an interesting poll as he could be out for 12 games but still play in the last game or two and thereby "finish the season healthy". Just sayin'.

Lions are so used to RB by committee that I don't think they really care. While I realize it was scrubs vs scrubs, I liked the way that kid Johnson was running. I haven't really seen anything from Harrison or Bell to make me believers in either of them yet. The lack of a run game is quite evident right now and will likely be downright blatantly non-existent vs Pats next week unless the OL starts to find a rhythm.

I guess people don't realize Best played in 16 regular season games last year. That's 3 more then we got from our "Franchise QB" in 2 seasons. Best is not the one we should be worried about.

503 said:
I guess people don't realize Best played in 16 regular season games last year. That's 3 more then we got from our "Franchise QB" in 2 seasons. Best is not the one we should be worried about.

He also only had 171 attempts. Which is just over 10. Why?...cause he was injured all year and couldnt hack a heavier load. I dont think theres any chance he makes it through the season. Woozy schmoozy and all it took was 3 plays.

503 said:

ps..he had 0 carries in the NE game. I dont even know if that should count as playing in all 16 games.

Jahvid Best - RB - Lions

Coach Jim Schwartz confirmed that Jahvid Best did indeed sustain a concussion Friday night, and the Lions will be "very, very cautious" with him this week.
Best experienced a "little headache" after having his bell rung, so the Lions sent him to the locker room. "By the next day he was clearing up and I think that's a big thing," said Schwartz. "In my experience with guys that have been concussed, usually they finish the game and they feel fine right after the game, and the next day they come in and haven't slept and all the classic symptoms." Schwartz hopes to have Best back on the field "soon," though his status for this week's game is uncertain.

Back