Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next to wear the C?

zyxt9

I haven't heard any rumors about who the next C is likely to be. Anyone got anything on that?

I'm guessing Zett, but that is a pure guess. Other names that come to mind include Kronwall and the extreme longshot Helm, though he needs to up his game considerably and would more likely be a contender to wear the C after the next one retires, IMO. Dats doesn't speak well enough, something repeatedly covered by many. Too bad tho, as he has a great sense of humor and otherwise would likely be the one to wear it.

Babcock said the other day that Zetterberg will be the next captain. Lidstrom said he endorsed him to replace him too.

I think Kronwall will be alternate with Datsyuk

cool, thanks! seems exactly right IMO. still, i really hope Helm develops his game enough to one day wear the C after Zett. his injury this past year showcased how the team isn't the same without him on the ice.

still, there's hopefully many years till then and the Wings will hopefully have even better players by then.

I'm not keen on a current Wings player getting the C. The team needs a new attitude. They've grown stale over the last two years. They're not going to get that with another even-keeled player like Z. My hope is they sign Parise or Suter and make them captain.

The Red Wings will never make a 1st year player on the team the captain. They have too much respect for their own veterans and they always promote from within.

when they signed Chelios, He had been Chicagos Captain for over a decade, yet when he joined the wings they made him wait 2 years before giving him the A.

I don't personally think that attitude was a problem this past season, I think that Det. Simply wasn't very good..add in the fact that most of their best players were hurt for an extended period of time and you won't do very well.

Last edited:
They did not have the depth. Injuries hurt them big time as well. They sure could use a sniper.

I dream about getting Suter and ZP... OMG that would sure help the lose of NL..

Back