Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ITS EARLY, BUT...

tsmith7559

M Bell doesnt impress, Harrison has the edge at this point.

D Williams isnt going to make it...Stovall will beat him out

Speaking of WR's, do we keep Logan? his value as a KR is zero with kickoffs now from the 35. It will be interesting to see how many WR's they keep.

Mayhew & Co will have a real tough decision on Hanson....40 yrs old probably 1 year left, do you let Rayner walk, he has a great leg and performed great last year and in preseason? idk, does MM have the balls to cut the best kicker in Lions history? $2.2 Mill vs. $750,000

Logan's now going anyway. They're not all going to be TB. And I suspect you'll eventually see more KR return the ball 5 yards in the endzone.

i agree Stovall is much better than D Will. Last night it seemed to me they tried to give D Will every chance to win the job and he just can't. I would keep Logan he is great at PR makes plays on special teams and was good at reverses and things when given the chance. I really think we have to keep Hanson. The savings isnt that great and if everyone deserves to be on this team when it starts to win its him. One thing is clear this year we are gonna cut some very good football players this year. I don't even think our 5th rd pick Hogue is gonna make the team. Palmer and Carpenter are playing well and Ekijuba (sp?) is a beast on SP.

As far as Hanson. He can still kick them from over 50. And its not like Rayner is getting all these job offers.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hogue will be on PS.

Sucks having a mid round guy on PS, but I could see that. At this point it would seem the pick might have been better used on the OL...not that I have a specific guy in mind here nor remember if anyone of quality was available combined with the desperate need for LBs. On the plus side, the LBs are looking phenomenally better than prior years!!!

zyxt9 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Hogue will be on PS.

Sucks having a mid round guy on PS, but I could see that. At this point it would seem the pick might have been better used on the OL...not that I have a specific guy in mind here nor remember if anyone of quality was available combined with the desperate need for LBs. On the plus side, the LBs are looking phenomenally better than prior years!!!

He's raw. He could be good at some point though.

Even if we used the pick on OL outside of maybe Gandy who would a pick beat out? Our tackles have played well in the absence of backus. Let's face it. It is not as easy to make the Lions as it has been the last 10 years.

Back