Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fantasy BB thread...

kingofdetroit57

How are you all doing in your leagues?

My team is currently 6th out of 10 in the Yahoo league I'm in, which blows. This is my first time back to fantasy baseball in ages (I'm talking since like the '90s Sandbox leagues) and I've got some good players, but I got bit by some injuries that put me behind early. I'm not a fan of the undefined scoring scheme I can't get a straight answer on, or the lack of a bench in this league. I'm also getting annoyed by some of the clowns in my league and I'm not sure I'll rejoin next season because of it. They constantly try to trade me garbage off the scrap heap for star players. I only know two or three guys in this league from work, so I don't want to be a complete asshole when declining their ridiculous trades, but I've already had to be a bit of a jerk to a couple of them. Stupid shit like trying to trade me a middle innings Baltimore reliever for Robinson Cano, or sub-par players who are hurt for Granderson. Why even waste somebody's time with that kind of bullshit?

36-37-7 in the only league I'm in. I was playing okay in first for awhile and too many 15day-DL or DTD that turn into a month. My pitching has always been the big problem and if my hitting doesn't do well, my team does poorly like last week and this week in which I'm currently getting pounded.

But I hadn't played in a long time either so next year I have a better plan.

0-0-0 Because I was too busy (lazy) to join a league

My league is scored with some combo of runs/hr/rbi/sb/avg on offense and w/sv/k/whip/era for pitching and it is done against some league average and you get +/- points for the day. I've asked a few times and can't get a straight answer on how it's scored exactly. Not surprisingly, everybody but the commish is bunched up withing about 10pts of one another and the commish is a good 25pts ahead. You set a weekly lineup for Mondays and have no bench. Not liking this setup at all. It's really a boring way to play that depends almost completely on your draft (I drafted late and most other teams autodrafted with the default Yahoo rankings) and your team staying healthy. Lame-o.

Death Reau: You beat me to another player--Ben Sheets. I was about to snatch him up, but you got there first. I wonder why there is not a rotational order to grabbing players for the league. Anyways, I expect him to do good things for you.

Back