Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brandon Jacobs recieves $ 3.36 Cents from 6 year old

biggunsbob

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/...o-get-him-to-come-back-to-the-new-york-giants

For the second time today, we're being reminded that young kids see sports a whole lot differently than adults do. Earlier, we told you about how a young kid went to the Miami Heat game last night and yelled "Good game! Good effort!" at Heat players as they exited the court after losing to the Celtics. Now comes this touching story about a 6-year-old New York Giants fan who was devastated after one of his favorite players Brandon Jacobs signed a deal with the San Francisco 49ers during the offseason.

According to the boy's father, who mailed a letter to Jacobs recently, the boy didn't understand why Jacobs had decided to leave the G-Men for the Niners. So, his father had to explain to him that the Giants didn't have enough money to resign Jacobs. The boy's reaction to that piece of news was pretty priceless. He asked his father to crack open his piggy bank and mail Jacobs the $3.36 that he had inside of it so that Jacobs could come back to the Giants. His father obeyed his wishes. And, when he received the letter and the money in the mail, Jacobs had a pretty strong reaction to it.

Brandon Jacobs

✔ @gatorboy45

I almost cried, I am still trying to hold it in. I may have to pay him a surprise visit.
5 Jun 12

What a nice gesture by the boy—and a reminder that not everyone out there is as cynical about sports as some of us are. Check out the entire letter in the thumbs above.

Last edited:
Back