Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Breaking News: Brad Stuart Dealt to SJ

The Sharks must have been a little bit worried that the Kings or Ducks would make a run at him. Not that worried though, considering they gave us a scrub and a late round pick.

Not a bad move. A 7th for basically nothing since we knew Stuart was going back to Cali.

Yea the Wings had no choice but to do this. Stuart helped them out by allowing the Wings to sell his rights to the Sharks.

They were one day from giving him away for free but managed to get something for him..granted not very much.

One things for sure, Suter or another 2 Defensemen are going to need to be signed this offseason. A team cant lose 3 of its top 4 Dmen in 2 years and not replace any of them.

Red Wings have some defensmen Ericcson, Kindl, Smith, White, Quincey, and Kronwall...Thats 6

Last edited:
Red Wings have some defensmen Ericcson, Kindl, Smith, White, Quincey, and Kronwall...Thats 6

Smith is a rookie and Kindl has played fewer than 60 games an is essentially a rookie. Ericcson and Quincey had consistency issues lastseason. That defense would make the Wings one of the worst defensive teams in the league. They need to add atleast one or two top 4 defensemen. The only guys who would play on most teams top 2 pairings are kronwall and white. Sure the young guys can step up and improve, but you cant count on that for a team that has championship asperations like Det does every year.

Smith is a rookie and Kindl has played fewer than 60 games an is essentially a rookie. Ericcson and Quincey had consistency issues lastseason. That defense would make the Wings one of the worst defensive teams in the league. They need to add atleast one or two top 4 defensemen. The only guys who would play on most teams top 2 pairings are kronwall and white. Sure the young guys can step up and improve, but you cant count on that for a team that has championship asperations like Det does every year.

i agree with this. There is no way the wings can expect to win many games with that d core. They need to add at least one top d man. I have never liked Kindl even when he was in GR. He has some offensive flash but he is too easily pushed around and gets him self out of position a lot for those offensive opportunities. I would actually prefer if the wings did not resign Quincey but with the amount of D men lost this off season i don't think that is a possibility. I just don't think he is as good as the salary he commands. I would also like to see him press the physical side much more because he has good size. I am very hopeful for Smith, he is still young but to me looks like he could be a stud in the coming years. He is fast physical and seems to have good instincts for the game.

As for the Stuart trade, Holland got something out of nothing. Even if that something is a 7th round pick. There was no way that Stuart was coming back to the wings. Good luck to him unless he is playing the wings. I always liked Stuart and felt that for parts of his 4 seasons here he was the best D man on the ice besides #5.

Suter / Kronwall
White / Quincey
Ericcson / Smith

Kindl - scratch

Every time I saw Kindal he was making huge mistakes... He needs to drastically improve.

Back