Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Perfect game for Matt Cain

spockmaster

year of the pitcher 3.0 or something now i guess. i just cant see a non-tigers perfect game anymore without being a little bitter about galarraga's.

I hear ya. Blanco's catch in Cain's PG is eerily similar to the one Jackson made in AG's game.

Joyce was the home plate umpire in a Rays/Orioles game recently and with every pitch I was like "FUCK YOU JOYCE FUCK YOU"....

I agree with you guys... it really hurts to see other ones... Sorta glad i was watching a movie with my daughter..

In a small way I am glad Joyce blew that call. That game will be talked about more than most perfect games. And hopefully when Bud Selig steps aside, the new commissioner will do the right thing and declare it a perfect game.

In a small way I am glad Joyce blew that call. That game will be talked about more than most perfect games. And hopefully when Bud Selig steps aside, the new commissioner will do the right thing and declare it a perfect game.

No way they change the call. AG is was pretty much an average ML pitcher at best and it would have been some memory down the road for him. No good came from that.

Disagree. Rather that Joyce made the correct call. The passage of time his not changed my opinion on that.

I think that box score is the most impressive one i've ever seen. 14 k's for a complete perfect game? Dang man, Cain straight up dealt.

I think that box score is the most impressive one i've ever seen. 14 k's for a complete perfect game? Dang man, Cain straight up dealt.

That ties Koufax's K record in a perfect game.

it was probably one of the best games every played between his pitching and SF's defense. cain is a beast, and he would not have had a perfect game with our D playing behind him.

Honestly the Galarraga thing does not bother me, I know he did it, and I could give a fuck if it's official.

Just to be able to say the Tigers franchise has one...meh, useless bragging rights IMHO.

Plus if it was a guy like Verlander I'd probably think differently, but it was a guy who was out of MLB just over a year later, and someone nobody ever heard of, even now you always hear people call him Andres Galarraga not Armando.

Either way it was 27 up, 27 down, I saw it. I just don't let it bother me.

Honestly the Galarraga thing does not bother me, I know he did it, and I could give a fuck if it's official.

Just to be able to say the Tigers franchise has one...meh, useless bragging rights IMHO.

Plus if it was a guy like Verlander I'd probably think differently, but it was a guy who was out of MLB just over a year later, and someone nobody ever heard of, even now you always hear people call him Andres Galarraga not Armando.

Either way it was 27 up, 27 down, I saw it. I just don't let it bother me.

But for AG it means something. For a less than average starter to say he saw 27 and all 27 went down, is something. Officially and 20-50 years from now.

But for AG it means something. For a less than average starter to say he saw 27 and all 27 went down, is something. Officially and 20-50 years from now.

Oh I get that it means something to AG.

I'm saying myself, I don;t get red-assed every time someone else throws one.

Back