Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

espn board game thread

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
LOL ZERO responses! Didnt check the new forum though.

I just checked for the heck of it and the new forum doesn't have much going on either but the Tigers board is one of the most active. It looks like most people on all boards have just found other places. I always intended on posting in the new forum and giving it a chance but pretty much everyone is over here.

And I rarely check the old board either because for whatever reason, I cannot post on it. When I hit reply it won't let me populate my cursor to reply...it's been that way for weeks. Seriously this board is great.

Yeah, I had been planing on trying the new board too, or at least giving it a chance, but then everybody migrated over here, and I am glad they did. This board has been extremely enjoyable. I had been kinda down about ESPN making their changes, but I guess it turned into a bit of a blessing!

I deleted my bookmarks some time ago. They made a mess over there.

Does ESPN care? Will they notice? Will their numbers suffer from this enough to hurt their site's status online?

Troll free boarding has been great. Who'd want to go back to ESPN at this point and deal with all the Twinkie and Sux homers...? Not me...

johnny2x2x said:
Does ESPN care? Will they notice? Will their numbers suffer from this enough to hurt their site's status online?

Yeah, I was curious about the same thing. I'm not sure how ESPN's online advertising works. Since they are so trafficked, they might have a lot of set amounts that they are getting paid, but if they have some per hit deals, then I think they will take a very tiny hit at least. I know that I have been on ESPN a lot less since I started frequenting this board.

I would guess that they are at least regretting their change due to all of the complaints that they had to deal with and all of the negative feedback. I know Biggunsbob contributed to that
laugh.png

jmakula87 said:
johnny2x2x said:

Yeah, I was curious about the same thing. I'm not sure how ESPN's online advertising works. Since they are so trafficked, they might have a lot of set amounts that they are getting paid, but if they have some per hit deals, then I think they will take a very tiny hit at least. I know that I have been on ESPN a lot less since I started frequenting this board.

I would guess that they are at least regretting their change due to all of the complaints that they had to deal with and all of the negative feedback. I know Biggunsbob contributed to that
laugh.png

If nobody is posting on there or the site getting hits, yes it will effect their advertising revenue. In the grand scheme of things? I doubt they even notice. It use to be a way to draw insider revenue but I assume that is way down as well.

cmlfactor said:
Troll free boarding has been great. Who'd want to go back to ESPN at this point and deal with all the Twinkie and Sux homers...? Not me...

The only thing I will miss was the back and forth we would have on our boards and the team we played (assuming it was civil).

Used to have some decent debates with some Twins, Sox, and Tribe fans.

But either way, even if they fixed it, I'm not staying over there.

They showed they don't care what people think, and I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of crawling back if they make a few minor revisions.

Fuck ESPN.

johnny2x2x said:
I doubt even 1 person in 1000 that use ESPN post on message boards. It won't even register with them. I am sure that most of us here still go on ESPN every day....just not to post.

johnny2x2x said:

I'm sure ESPN spent a fair amount of money to get someone to design their new boards so I doubt they want to give that up and go back to the old format.

Besides, they'll probably get quite a few new users who never used the old board and are content with the newer, shittier format. They'll replace some of the numbers lost from the format switch and like someone else said, a majority of the people that go to ESPN probably don't even post on the message boards, or even visit them.

I just wonder why the five of so hold overs don't want to come over here and at least try it.. They might be surprised like I was..

Back