Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

'12-'13 schedule released

zyxt9

i thought they were changing it to where they play every team home and away this year, but apparently that is not the case. for instance, they play the devils home and away, but the rangers and islanders are only home games. so it isn't even that they play one division home and away.

if someone can clarify this for me, it would be appreciated as i am a tad confused despite having used my thumb to try and make sense of the whole thing.

i thought they were changing it to where they play every team home and away this year, but apparently that is not the case. for instance, they play the devils home and away, but the rangers and islanders are only home games. so it isn't even that they play one division home and away.

if someone can clarify this for me, it would be appreciated as i am a tad confused despite having used my thumb to try and make sense of the whole thing.

The NHL Board of governors essentially representing the owners of the teams approved a plan for realingment. The NHL players association rejected the deal so things will stay the same for now. While the NHL could have just gone ahead with the plan without the players consent, they were concerned with the upcoming labor negotiations and didn't want to piss the players off right before negotiations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...d-nhl-2012-13-realignment-plan-014526165.html

Last edited:
Back