Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I drafted CJ over Fitz

Good Move, if Stafford's healthy CJ could be the best fantasy WR this year.

Fantasy football is much better if you draft guys you like more.

wheels002 said:
I have drafted CJ as the top WR because to me he is.

no he's not...but he's top 3 and you're splitting hairs between them anyway.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Fantasy football is much better if you draft guys you like more.

This, plus it's nice to have somebody you can always watch play.

Good move...build a shrine to stafford's shoulder and treat it like JoeBoo.

Personally I think Kolb is extremely overrated, Stafford will have a better year of the two. Which of course, means CJ will have a tremendous year also.

I'm putting 20 bucks on him to lead the league in receiving yards. 15:1 odds is worth it

The top 3 are easily Calvin, Andre and Roddy. My argument for Calvin #1 is simply this: last season, with Hill and Stanton for most of the season, he finished only about 1 ppg lower than Roddy and Andre. Those guys aren't going to improve on their ppg from last year, but Calvin could be much, much better. With Stafford healthy, he could potentially have a historic year.

On the other hand, Roddy White has missed 0 games in 6 years, so an argument can be made there as well.

I've picked Calvin twice at the #8 spot, first WR off the board simply because, if I'm gonna take a WR in round 1, he needs to have the potential to be lights out.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Fitz

3. Calvin

4. Greg Jennings

5. Roddy White

snake draft , wouldn't touch any of the 5 until after pick 10 and thats the order Im going...

SLICK said:
1. Andre Johnson

2. Fitz

3. Calvin

4. Greg Jennings

5. Roddy White

snake draft , wouldn't touch any of the 5 until after pick 10 and thats the order Im going...

Have you seen Kevin Kolb passing to Fitz so far? Fitz has had to make some crazy catches just to make it functional. Compare that to the Stafford-CJ connection we've seen...its night and day. Kolb = bust.

In a 10 team league, I'm fine with a WR in rd 1 if its a late pick since the RB you take at picks 8-10 should be similar to the one coming back in rd 2.

Also, I'm not touching Jennings. I don't think its a coincidence that his numbers, atrocious at the start of last season, suddenly skyrocketed once Finley got hurt. Too many weapons, and I think Finley is the #1 option for Rodgers. I'd take Nicks, Jackson, and even Wallace over Jennings.

I would take both Andre Johnson and Calvin over Fitz. Probably Greg Jennings as well.

I'm not saying I think they are better WR then Fitz, but i think they will all put up better stats.

Couldn't be worst than last year, for Fitz. And I would never go WR in the first round.

Anyone drafting in the next couple of weeks going to take a flyer on Chris Johnson in the first? I think he might be out for awhile. Nothing forcing him to come back, already lost a year towards FA and now with the Fitz contract seems like he wants something similar.

Fitz
90 rec
1137 yards
6 TDs
and with who throwing the ball to him?

CJ
77 rec
1120 yards
12 TDs
(1 less game played)
with a weak armed Shaun Hill throwing to him most of the year

Fitz has the better track record, CJ has the higher potential if Stafford plays IMO.

It will probably come down to the same old question, can Stafford stay healthy?

You probably won't go wrong with either though.

SLICK said:
1. Andre Johnson

2. Fitz

3. Calvin

4. Greg Jennings

5. Roddy White

I'd take Roddy White over Fitz and Jennings in a heartbeat, bro. Nothing wrong with the two you have ranked higher but White trumps them IMO...

Then again, it's like flipping a coin between the group of them. Here's my Top 5...in order.

1. Andre Johnson

2. Roddy White

3. Calvin Johnson

4. Greg Jennings

5. Larry Fitzgerald

I think Whites going to lose catches to Jones and Douglass this year.

but like you say , you're splitting hairs with the 5 of them anyway.

Back