Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spain 0 Portugal 0 Final (Spain 4-2 pk)

biggunsbob

Semi-Final number 1

Spain vs. Portugal Wednesday, June 27th at 2:45 Pm..

Spain looks good right?

As much as I want to pick Portugal with a hot Ronaldo, I'm sticking with my Spain-Germany rematch with the Gerrys taking it this time.

Last edited:
I want Portugal to stop Spain's run but they look so tough right now..

Rooting for Spain, I'm a huge Messi fan which means I hate Ronaldo and therefor root against Portugal.

Messi is real good... it is fun to see Ronaldo gag.. I really don't like any of the teams left but they are all damn good..
I don't think Spain is going to lose.

Last edited:
Portugal was playing real well in the 1st...stupid rinaldo. Messi is the best player on the planet.

Ronaldo doesn't even get a crack in the shoot out. I wonder if it was his or the managers call to put him in the 5th slot.

Portugal coach uses Ronaldo in the 5th spot on the PK kicks and he does not even get to kick... Oh well that is a wrap for Portugal

Ronaldo doesn't even get a crack in the shoot out. I wonder if it was his or the managers call to put him in the 5th slot.

Well either is stupid... Right? You gotta use him earlier.

Last edited:
Well either is stupid... Right? You gotta use him earlier.

I'm guessing he was thinking he'd save him for what would be a high pressure kick... but that's kind of dumb.

like in football you don't go for two until you get within 8. no sense doing it when you're down by 15, because if you miss it, your rally is over. similarly, no sense saving your best shooter for the last shot if no one else is going to hit their kicks.

it seems to me like the high pressure slot is the #3 shooter, if the Eng-Ita game is anything to go one.

by that point, one or both teams may have a miss. if #3 can score, it keeps the pressure on the other team. england couldn't handle it.

Back