Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lets gear up for the draft..

2012 NBA Draft: Syracuse's Kris Joseph to Visit Detroit Pistons Two Days Prior to Draft.
from yahoo>>>

COMMENTARY| Now that there are a few established first-round targets -- or those on fans' wish list -- for the Detroit Pistons, it's time to look at a potential second-round pick of the 2012 NBA Draft: Former Syracuse Orange standout Kris Joseph.
The 6-foot-7, 215-pound small forward could be a complement to the Pistons offense. He's quick, has a long reach (standing 8-8, wingspan 6-11) and showed the ability to slash his way to the hoop while at Syracuse. And according to MLive.com Pistons beat writer David Mayo, Joseph is scheduled to visit the Pistons two days (June 26) before the draft (June 28).
Joseph wouldn't be a bad addition to the roster, depending on who is available. Obviously, the main target is an athletic, tough and big-bodied center, or, at the very least, a defensive-minded power forward who can score (North Carolina's John Henson?).
Joseph has an arsenal of mid-range jump-shots, but his ability to torch his way to the hoop is by far his best asset -- that and his 3-point shooting. He made just over 36 percent of his 3-pointers as a junior and about 35 percent of them as a senior, in addition to averaging just under 14 points, five rebounds and two assists in 2011-12 for Syracuse, which lost to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
He's gained weight, according to scouting reports, which really didn't hold him back much. He runs three-quarters of the court in respectable 3.46 seconds.
Pistons fans shouldn't hold their breath or get too high on the possibility of Joseph falling to the second round. He might go late in the first. However, he'd be an adequate addition to coach Lawrence Frank's squad.
So far, a young Pistons lineup could look something like this -- after the draft, of course.
C -- Andre Drummond, UConn (2012 first-rounder?)
PF -- Greg Monroe
SF -- Kris Joseph, Syracuse (2012 second-rounder?)
SG -- Brandon Knight
PG -- Rodney Stuckey
As mentioned above, I believe the Pistons will strongly consider taking a center in the first round. Illinois' Meyers Leonard is a possibility, and so is North Carolina's Tyler Zeller. Initial reports suggested Drummond would be off the board by the time the Pistons picked at No. 9. However, he could fall into Detroit's hands.

Last edited:
2012 NBA Draft: Syracuse's Kris Joseph to Visit Detroit Pistons Two Days Prior to Draft.
from yahoo>>>

COMMENTARY| Now that there are a few established first-round targets -- or those on fans' wish list -- for the Detroit Pistons, it's time to look at a potential second-round pick of the 2012 NBA Draft: Former Syracuse Orange standout Kris Joseph.
The 6-foot-7, 215-pound small forward could be a complement to the Pistons offense. He's quick, has a long reach (standing 8-8, wingspan 6-11) and showed the ability to slash his way to the hoop while at Syracuse. And according to MLive.com Pistons beat writer David Mayo, Joseph is scheduled to visit the Pistons two days (June 26) before the draft (June 28).
Joseph wouldn't be a bad addition to the roster, depending on who is available. Obviously, the main target is an athletic, tough and big-bodied center, or, at the very least, a defensive-minded power forward who can score (North Carolina's John Henson?).
Joseph has an arsenal of mid-range jump-shots, but his ability to torch his way to the hoop is by far his best asset -- that and his 3-point shooting. He made just over 36 percent of his 3-pointers as a junior and about 35 percent of them as a senior, in addition to averaging just under 14 points, five rebounds and two assists in 2011-12 for Syracuse, which lost to Ohio State in the Elite 8.
He's gained weight, according to scouting reports, which really didn't hold him back much. He runs three-quarters of the court in respectable 3.46 seconds.
Pistons fans shouldn't hold their breath or get too high on the possibility of Joseph falling to the second round. He might go late in the first. However, he'd be an adequate addition to coach Lawrence Frank's squad.
So far, a young Pistons lineup could look something like this -- after the draft, of course.
C -- Andre Drummond, UConn (2012 first-rounder?)
PF -- Greg Monroe
SF -- Kris Joseph, Syracuse (2012 second-rounder?)
SG -- Brandon Knight
PG -- Rodney Stuckey
As mentioned above, I believe the Pistons will strongly consider taking a center in the first round. Illinois' Meyers Leonard is a possibility, and so is North Carolina's Tyler Zeller. Initial reports suggested Drummond would be off the board by the time the Pistons picked at No. 9. However, he could fall into Detroit's hands.

I'm hoping Drummond falls too. Seems to me he is getting a lot of the same criticism Moose got coming out of college.

Would loveeeee if Drummond somehow fell or we moved up a couple spots to get em.

At this point Henson is pretty much the last guy on my list of bigs we can realistically get. Would gladly take a shot on Jones III panning out at the 4, Leonard, Terrence Jones or even Ty Zeller over em.

Henson is what he is. A super thin, athletic 4 with a very marginal offensive skill set and some natural defensive skills. Add to that hes already 21 years old and never even dominated college guys. Yawn...

Would loveeeee if Drummond somehow fell or we moved up a couple spots to get em.

At this point Henson is pretty much the last guy on my list of bigs we can realistically get. Would gladly take a shot on Jones III panning out at the 4, Leonard, Terrence Jones or even Ty Zeller over em.

Henson is what he is. A super thin, athletic 4 with a very marginal offensive skill set and some natural defensive skills. Add to that hes already 21 years old and never even dominated college guys. Yawn...

Double Yawn

Its Drummond or bust IMO. Leonard wasnt any good in the B10 I doubt he will be more than a 12th man in the NBA. If we dont get Drummond then I really like Barnes if he there even though we dont really need a player at his spot.

Honestly, I am very intrigued by Perry Jones. I remember watching him in several games during the season, and I always thought to myself, "damn, this guy has freaky talent." It's just all upstairs with him. Leonard was a stiff. Zeller will be a 10/10 guy at most. If Drummond is there, yes, you have to take him because he is such a raw beast. If not, I really like PJ3.

Jarad Sullinger Not invited to the green room..

Andy Katz ESPN..

Former Ohio State star and two-time all-American Jared Sullinger will watch the NBA draft inside a Columbus restaurant, not in the green room in Newark's Prudential Center, after the NBA declined to invite him to Thursday's draft.

NBA executive vice president Stu Jackson told ESPN.com that Sullinger would not be invited based on the reports the league had received that Sullinger wouldn't be selected in the top 15.

"He's more likely to go in the teens or in the 20s," Jackson ..

As much as I hate OSU, for some reason, I think Sullinger is going to turn out to be a good pro. Maybe like a Blair from San Antonio, Kevin Love-type. He's got a decent jumper, and I think he gets the most out of his game. Everyone has doubted him every step of the way, and he's proven everyone wrong. I think whoever ends up with Sullinger is going to have a steal.

As much as I hate OSU, for some reason, I think Sullinger is going to turn out to be a good pro. Maybe like a Blair from San Antonio, Kevin Love-type. He's got a decent jumper, and I think he gets the most out of his game. Everyone has doubted him every step of the way, and he's proven everyone wrong. I think whoever ends up with Sullinger is going to have a steal.

I agree... Not sure why but what a slap in the face... But he did play at O$U so oh well....

I really don't want Drummond, he has bust written all over him. He is very raw and everyone says he doesnt respond well to coaching right now and has a lazy attitude.

Henson I'll take because him and Monroe would be real good together.

Yeah I have some concerns about Drummond. Joe needs to find a diamond in the rough somewhere!!!! Maybe he can get a sleeper with his other two picks... Just hard to do in Hoops..

At this point in his career, Joe better get this pick right. His track record for drafting is sub-par at best. I don't think he can do the safe route with Zeller or Leonard. He really needs to take a guess at someone (Jones, Drummond), and prays that it turns into a gem.

As much as I hate OSU, for some reason, I think Sullinger is going to turn out to be a good pro. Maybe like a Blair from San Antonio, Kevin Love-type. He's got a decent jumper, and I think he gets the most out of his game. Everyone has doubted him every step of the way, and he's proven everyone wrong....

Every step of the way?? He was a concensus top 5 recruit coming out of high school, and projected to be a high lottery pick if he left last year. Are you his publicist or something?

At this point in his career, Joe better get this pick right. His track record for drafting is sub-par at best. I don't think he can do the safe route with Zeller or Leonard. He really needs to take a guess at someone (Jones, Drummond), and prays that it turns into a gem.

So when your career's on the line you're best off closing your eyes and hoping for the best? At least you're a publicist and not a life coach.

Don't have to freak out on me, he said it himself. He said he's had doubters his whole life. And now he has doubters with the draft.

And yeah, he needs to take a chance on someone. He doesn't have the time to draft a Zeller or Leonard and wait 3-4 years for them to become a 10/10 at best. He needs to hit on someone like Perry Jones or Drummond and have them be a star. This whole team-first concept he built worked for awhile, but he's gotta move on.

That's true, but I think their ceiling is so much higher than the other guys.

This team really is only 2 players away from the playoffs. Knight and Monroe both look real good. Meanwhile, the rest of the players can do some things (Prince, Jonas, Stuckey). Then again its the east, lol.

Maybe we draft Henson in the 1st; In Free Agency we won't be able to swing the top guys but I could see us grabbing C Marcus Camby on a one year deal. And Pietrus might be available as well.
PG - Knight / Bynum
SG - Stuckey / Pietrus
SF - Prince / Maggette / Daye
PF - Henson / Jerekbo / Maxiell
C - Monroe / Camby

Amnesty Charlie V.

Lets say Prince and Stuckey play as well as last year. Jerekbo, Maggette, Pietrus, and Camby give us a quality bench. Monroe and Knight improve on their numbers from last year. Henson meanwhile if he can average 12/8 or 13/7 his first year this team is playoff bound.

Pass on Pietrus. He's getting a bit long in the tooth (30). Pistons have enough tweeners on the team.

Back