Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Score one for the bad guys

wait, how are they bad guys? Evolution is just a theory, right, RED?

Just look at how god made the banana so convenient for people to eat. Why that's all I need to know right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

and look at how complex the eye is... you're going to tell me that it evolved from simpler cells over the course of billions of years? Now if that's not crazy, I don't know what is...

And you can't DISPROVE that the Loch Ness Monster exists.

And I think it's great that public money can go to fund religious education - Christian education - of course. I think that we should all try to be better people in these times, and the best way to do that is to follow this particular religion, and not other religions, and exclude and discriminate against any who do not.

I cannot see how anyone would find fault with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
side note: tough to find links to the original creationist nonsense on the interwebs... that's one good thing at least...

The Pope said evolution is a reality supported by much scientific proof. (Of course, I don't get my science from the Catholic Church, but I'm distinguishing Catholics from some other Christians.) He called the current creationism vs. evolution debate in the US and Germany an absurdity. I've posted it before. I just can't tell if you're just pretending that you think I take the other position or if you actually can't absorb it because of the cognitive dissonance.

...that "infuriating" bit just seemed authentic to me. Curses!

Just look at how god made the banana so convenient for people to eat. Why that's all I need to know right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4

and look at how complex the eye is... you're going to tell me that it evolved from simpler cells over the course of billions of years? Now if that's not crazy, I don't know what is...

And you can't DISPROVE that the Loch Ness Monster exists.

And I think it's great that public money can go to fund religious education - Christian education - of course. I think that we should all try to be better people in these times, and the best way to do that is to follow this particular religion, and not other religions, and exclude and discriminate against any who do not.

I cannot see how anyone would find fault with that.

Old vid, and I've made this argument before, but what the heck...

The whole problem with the logic behind the idea in this video, is it only works if all god wanted us to eat were bananas.

Pineapple; no
Coconut; no
Papaya; no
Mango; no

So apparently god only wanted us to live in equatorial rain forests, and eat just this 1 food, since it's all he decided to engineer for ease of human consumption.

The whole problem with the logic behind the idea in this video, is it only works if all god wanted us to eat were bananas.

Pineapple; no
Coconut; no
Papaya; no
Mango; no

So apparently god only wanted us to live in equatorial rain forests, and eat just this 1 food, since it's all he decided to engineer for ease of human consumption.

You mean you guys eat more than just bananas?

Pineapple; no
Coconut; no
Papaya; no
Mango; no

not only that, but skeptics pointed out that in the original form, the banana was far from easily edible; it contained a number of hard seeds, and the peel was much tougher. the current form of bananas we buy at the grocery store, with soft, seedless fruit, and a easier peel were the result of generations of selective breeding conducted by humans, not by god.

Back