Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Newsroom

TheVictors

pretty solid and all too HBO'ish. it's insightful and poignant and satirical of the mega-corporate sanitized "infotainment" cable channels but won't make a difference at all.

pretty solid and all too HBO'ish. it's insightful and poignant and satirical of the mega-corporate sanitized "infotainment" cable channels but won't make a difference at all.

I heard about this because one of the stars of the show went on the record as saying she was disgusted by how misinformed americans were, due (as intended) by the awfulness of the mainstream media.

Little MI pride with Jeff Daniels too. He used to come into Cottage Inn back in the day

555871_485305111496141_577997015_n.jpg

Was it preachy in that typical Sorkin way? I ask that in the best way possible.

Was it preachy in that typical Sorkin way? I ask that in the best way possible.

yes. and great question. But I was okay with the take on the corporate cable media and the preachy-ness was more on the BP Oil Spill, now years later in hindsight. The dialogue is quick like some of his other shows, sort of West Wing'ish with HBO cursing.

believing in angels makes america strong. angels watch over us and protect us...

Do any of the anchors do the news while on shrooms? That would be funny.

Do any of the anchors do the news while on shrooms? That would be funny.

you should get your stepdaughter to watch this one.

I've noticed conservative people's heads explode when you agree with them that the media is horrible from the left side of the spectrum.

they're like... "No... wait... what? How? Media... Liberal... too liberal... support troops... Iraq... Saddam... WMDs... waterboarding not torture... But I thought... no... liberal media. I know it's true."

Back