Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steal of the draft

dubbsco

We can thank the Cavaliers for reaching with Dion Waiters, and Toronto doing some goofy shit and taking Terrence Ross. Drummond is an absolute beast, and his defense can match Monroe's offense.

Last edited:
Toronto already drafted their big man of the future and the Cavs needed a SG to go with Irving. I am still shocked that Drummond fell to us at 9. I was just as shocked when Knight fell to us last year and Monroe the year before. Drummond has way more potential than the other names I heard this week in Myers Leonard and Henson,

I was terrified Joe was going to draft Zeller still lol.

I had been reading that if Drummond got by the Kings at 5, he would fall to us. I too was terrified that Joe was going to grab Meyers or Zeller.

I hoped I wrong about this guy. The whole lazy and unmotivated tag has been used for a lot of big men that had promise like Drummond or better.

Hopefully he can step right in and average near 10rpg and 2bpg. He has the tools to be Andrew Bynum, but also has some of the same issues.

I can't believe we landed Drummond. He was the one guy I REALLY wanted out of this draft. I know everybody was on the unibrow train, but Drummond looks like a man amongst boys and unibrow looks like he needs another 3-4yrs to fill out his frame. He's gonna be a beast next to Monroe.

Drummond is a boom or bust pick but at 9 He was clearly IMO the best player available and our biggest need. He is only 19 and he has the ability to be as good as he wants to be.

I like the pick... You guys know hoops better then me but he is big and we needed that... He needs to improve his free throw percentage.. I just worry how young he is...Is he mature enough for the NBA?

Last edited:
Yeah, picking at 9 and getting somebody like that is just fantastic. Even if he is a bust, it was the right move to draft him. I'm really excited about the pick.

This is a perfect situation for him. He won't be asked to be a dominant post scorer immediately, he just has to play solid defense and develop alongside Monroe.

Yea I'm happy with the pick too. He was the guy I wanted after the unibrow. The pistons have a potentially top 5 front court with these two if they develop into the players we think they an be.

This could be my homerism speaking, but I think Drummond is going to be a better pro than Davis. He is freaking massive. 6'11, 280 some lbs?????

Jesus this is from Yahoo... Does anybody like Detroit? Damn this guy hates the Pistons...LOL

Mike Huguenin's Analysis: Drummond is a big-time boom-or-bust guy. He is athletic and a good shot-blocker, but he didn’t rebound or score as well as expected in his lone season with UConn, and his consistency and motivation were questioned. Can he and Pistons big man Greg Monroe co-exist? Detroit may regret passing on a perimeter player.

Mike Huguenin's Analysis: Middleton had a great sophomore season, but struggled through an injury-marred junior season; he still turned pro, though. He is a good perimeter defender and knows how to rebound, but struggled mightily with his outside shot as a junior. The Pistons need perimeter scorers, but is Middleton a good enough shooter?

Mike Huguenin's Analysis: English is a good shooter and thrives in an up-tempo attack; he also can be a pesky defender. But bigger NBA guards likely will overpower him and his size might mean he has to play the point, a position he seems ill-suited for.

Last edited:
What perimeter player at 9 was worth the pick??? Austin Rivers? They already have him, his name is Brandon Knight. Jeremy Lamb? Please. What a dumb comment.

Yeah, those analysis' seem poorly constructed.

It is easy to forget that Drummond skipped his senior year in high school. Maybe he will bust, but he seems really excited about coming to the Pistons, and I think that Monroe and Knight both are very hard workers, which sets a good culture there at practices and such.

Back