Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Man With the Iron Fists

They've been involved in some rap stuff. They did the instrumentals for the Blakroc album. There was something else they were involved with too, may have been with the rza but I can't remember now..

I can't tell if the Black Keys are still cool, or are about to implode on themselves.

a month ago or so, I read about how they were still whining about a lack of "respect" because they were from ohio, and not Brooklyn... yet they're the biggest indie/rock band in America and sell out every venue they play.

if I formed a band, we would kick their ass.

Oh, RZA was on Blakroc, that must be what I was thinking of.

I do like their music. it seems highly derivative though. whenever I listen to "Brothers" I think "this song sounds like Zeppelin. This song sounds like Hendrix. This is the beat from that song by those other guys."

didn't we talk about this once?

they're like the best band that makes decent rock that is not too original for people.

I can't tell if the Black Keys are still cool, or are about to implode on themselves.

a month ago or so, I read about how they were still whining about a lack of "respect" because they were from ohio, and not Brooklyn... yet they're the biggest indie/rock band in America and sell out every venue they play.

if I formed a band, we would kick their ass.

Yeah, I think that was in Rolling Stone, I saw that too. Like Kings of Leon...a lesser band IMO, but similar in that they started out indie but blew up...I don't think they have a sound that's going to keep the general public's attention for a very long period of time. They'll definitely fall off, but will keep making records I'm sure. I'm bored of them myself.

didn't we talk about this once?

they're like the best band that makes decent rock that is not too original for people.

Yes, we did. That's why I made the "influences" dig at you a couple weeks ago. I think I compared them to the Killers last time, had to switch it up here.

I agree with your last sentence for sure.

I noticed Lucy Liu on the poster. she is a fine Michigan alumnus.

I'm going to buy an overpriced theater ticket to see this for sure. Gonna have to be a man date with someone though because the gf will definitely hold no interest in this. Lol

Thanks for posting...I am down... Movie looks good to me..i cannot wait!!!

I'm going to buy an overpriced theater ticket to see this for sure. Gonna have to be a man date with someone though because the gf will definitely hold no interest in this. Lol

what's a "man date?"

sounds gay.

MAN-DATE

a command or authorization to act in a particular way on a public issue given by the electorate to its representative: The president had a clear mandate to end the war.
a command from a superior court or official to a lower one.
an authoritative order or command: a royal mandate.
(in the League of Nations) a commission given to a nation to administer the government and affairs of a former Turkish territory or German colony.
a mandated territory or colony.
Roman Catholic Church . an order issued by the pope, especially one commanding the preferment of a certain person to a benefice.
Roman and Civil Law . a contract by which one engages gratuitously to perform services for another.
(in modern civil law) any contract by which a person undertakes to perform services for another.
Roman Law . an order or decree by the emperor, especially to governors of provinces.
to authorize or decree (a particular action), as by the enactment of law.
to order or require; make mandatory: to mandate sweeping changes in the election process.
to consign (a territory, colony, etc.) to the charge of a particular nation under a mandate.

I had to look it up.

Last edited:
what's a "man date?"

sounds gay.

It's only gay if:

You hold hands

you pay for another mans food/ticket

you share concession stand items

your arms touch more than once or twice on the arm rest

you kiss or give some sort of hand job in the movies..

none of this will happen....probably.

Back