Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kyle Singler

dubbsco

Is expected to sign July 11th.

I am extremely excited about this. I know people hated him because he played for Duke, but when I watched him play, he just looked like a talented basketball player. Came up clutch, hit big shots, I think his game is going to translate damn well to this team.

I was talking with a co-worker who is a Duke grad and huge college basketball fan, and he's really high on Singler. He says he moves his feet really well, is a good defender, and has a great outside shot. He thinks he'll make a great #3 on this team.

I'm curious to see what happens to the roster after he signs. Seems like we'll have a real glut of small forwards and could use some shooting guard and center depth.

I hope he does well... We could use a winning type attitude on this club that has been flounder for a few years... Don't like Duke but if a player comes from there and does well for us that will be cool..

Can't be any worse of a SF than Austin Daye.... I just hope he gets some PT.

Last edited:
I can barely stand looking at him and some people overrated the hell out of him, but he could definitely be a solid pro.

I would rather have him on the team than Austin Daye. They need to cut ties with that POS!

I totally agree. I was begrudgingly impressed with Singler yesterday. He could end up being a quality piece.

A guy like Singler is a great guy to have on a team. He can shoot, is a very smart player and is a good defender. Austin Daye is one dimentional 3 point shooter. Unless you are the Miami Heat he is useless.

Hey it's okay, they could have drafted Blair or Ty Lawson. They made the smart play with Austin Daye.

Hey it's okay, they could have drafted Blair or Ty Lawson. They made the smart play with Austin Daye.

Blair or Lawson would have been safe picks. Instead he took a guess with Daye and prayed the he would turn into a gem. Can't remember which wise man suggested that strategy...

I think he could be as good as a prime Mike Dunleavy Jr. and play defense unlike Dunleavy.

Singler seems like a quality backup SF. I still don't think he moves his feet well enough to defend NBA caliber SFs, but he shoots well and always seems to make good decisions with and without the ball. If his presence helps us end the Austin Daye experiment or give Joe lease to trade of Prince, all the better.

I like him and I think the team needs a player like him coming off the bench... Hated him at Puke though....LOL

Back