Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offer made to Parise, Suter later today

dubbsco

All we can do is hope and pray that they land one of these guys. No way they get both. I think Suter is the more likely, and IMO, the more necessary.

I gotta admit I miss the days when we could bet everyone we wanted and reload overnight. Damn salary cap lol.

Guys there has just been a flurry of tweets from Jesse Spector, Nick Cotsonika, Nick Kypreos, and others that Ryan Suter has chose the Red Wings.

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector

Poile meeting NSH media at 5 CT. RT @realkyper: #NHL. Starting to hear Suter has picked #Redwings as his destination. More to come.....

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#NHL. Starting to hear Suter has picked #Redwings as his destination. More to come.....

Rumors swirling the deal might be 10-12yrs in length and over 80 million

We signed Jordin Tootoo and Mikael Samuelsson and Goalie Jonas Gustavsson

After signing Sammy, Brunner, Gustavsson and Tootoo, not sure where that puts us as far as signing both Parise and Suter.

I think we sign Suter but afterwards might not have the capspace to sign Parise as well. Because we still have two RFAs (Quincey, Abelkader).

Think right now we are at 18 million left. You can bet that together Quincey and Abby will make 5 million leaving us at 13. Then it looks like Suter will get around 6.5 per or higher.

Also TSN, reported that we are the front runners for Rick Nash. This I could see because we would be trading some cap away with that trade. Possibly even Abby along with Nyquist, Tatar, etc.

I also heard the rumors that Suter is leaning towards Detroit..I hope that is the case, but everything right now is 100% speculation IMO.

One thing is for sure, Suter is going to cost them a pretty penny..rumor has it that there is a $12 mil signing bonus and $13 mil per year for the first two years bring floated around by teams. It will prob cost around 8.5 mil per year to sign him, and honestly I am OK with Detroit throwing that kind of Money at him. these types of players almost never hit the open market, and when one of his caliber does, we need to take advantage of it.

If we can get Parise too that would've gravy, but a top pairing defenseman is an absolute must. If Parise goes to Pitt or somewhere else, there is still Semin, or Bobby Ryan/ Nash to be had via trades.

Anyways, sounds like tomorrow is when a lot of the big guys will make a decision. I'm going to be nervous at work tomorrow until I hear the news!

Everything says Suter is a Wing, but we'll see. Also looks like they are cooling on Parise.

Lot's more reports out now. Suter is apparently a Red Wing.

Yeah seems like Suter is a Wing. But, Burke was also headed to the NBA. Def need confirmation.

Back