Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Vyacheslav Kravtsov

biggunsbob

Anybody heard of this guy?

The Detroit Pistons are on the verge of signing another new big man to go with first-round pick draft Andre Drummond.
Ukranian 7-footer Vyacheslav Kravtsov has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Pistons, according to his agent, and Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars confirmed he club's interest in a statement released this morning.
"We are engaged in negotiations with Vyacheslav Kravtsov and will enter into a player contract when the moratorium period ends," Dumars said.
The Pistons can officially sign Kravtsov July 11.
"Vyacheslav intends to sign a player contract with the Pistons when the moratorium period ends," Kravtsov's representative, Jeff Schwartz, said Sunday night in a story on ESPN.com.
Kravtsov, 24, played for the Bostons Celtics 2010 summer league team and last season averaged 10.5 pointsw and 5.5 rebounds for BC Donetsk of the Ukranian League.
Kravtsov was considered a top European prospect before going undrafted in 2009.

Should be a defensive force. Dude is pretty shredded. Would provide nice depth for Monroe/Drummond.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ben on the sideline as a coach for the men in whatever capacity, but, his time on the court is done. His defensive ability is definitely not as sharp, and he's a cavern on offense (always has been).

I guess if he was a coach and banged with Drummond every day in practice that would give me what I'm looking for.

I must say I am absolutely impressed with the way FA/Draft has gone. Joe finally realized he needs some big bodies that can board, and he is addressing those needs.

Yeah, I like this. Hopefully it all works out. It seems to me like this guy will be AT LEAST as good as any other big we picked up in FA for the price that we will most likely be paying him. Now obviously, I haven't had a chance to watch him play and my basis is solely on what I have read, but seems like a solid move.

I must say I am absolutely impressed with the way FA/Draft has gone. Joe finally realized he needs some big bodies that can board, and he is addressing those needs.

I agree for years we have been trying the 6'8" center PF type of guys and getting killed on the boards. Plus if Jonas doesnt work out we need someone to fill the token white guy role. If he does nothing more than take up space while Monroe is getting some rest it could be worth it.

Well, if Jonas doesn't work out, we have another 95 some guys that are his exact same measurements.

Besides the whole European thing, Singler is pretty much a clone of JJ. Except I think he's got a lot more upside.

Last edited:
The Pistons need to get lucky and have a few of these late picks turn out to be solid NBA players...heck....even a starter.

Back