Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Suter and Parise wait?????

biggunsbob

What the heck is going on!!!!!! Hockey experts need to get on here and make me feel better!!!!!! Normally Mr I. gets involved and him and Kenny seal the deal!!!!

Parise deal doesnt look good for us. I would say that we will trade for either Ryan or Nash after Parise signs. Suter, we are still the front runners but I guess Ryan Suter wants to take time to decide.

thought reports saying that for us to trade for Nash our package might have to include Filpula, Nyquist, Tatar, Calle Jarnkrok, plus a 1st rounder. In other words a top 6 forward and three top prospects and a pick

Yea the Blue Jackets asking price is very high right now. It will be lowered, but for the Wings we will have to trade a little extra since its intra-divisional.

Honestly though, we have a good amount of prospects that we won't be able to give substantial playing time to. Helm, Abelkader, Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Jarnkrok, Smith, Pulkkinen, and even have a pretty good Goalie prospect in Petr Mrazek. If we have to lose 3 of those and a 1st Round pick I might do it.

I hope Suter and Parise make their decisions soon, but understand if they don't. This contract will most likely cover almost all of the rest of their careers. I'd take my time with something like that too.

As for trade, I would honestly rather we get Ryan than Nash. They both are similarly talented and productive. But, Ryan is 3 years younger, and just about to enter his prime. Ryan is also costing over 2 million less per year. Just because we have cap space right now doesn't mean we need to use it all up or hamstring the future. Getting just Suter and Ryan would be an enormous coup on Holland's part.

I hope Suter and Parise make their decisions soon, but understand if they don't. This contract will most likely cover almost all of the rest of their careers. I'd take my time with something like that too.

As for trade, I would honestly rather we get Ryan than Nash. They both are similarly talented and productive. But, Ryan is 3 years younger, and just about to enter his prime. Ryan is also costing over 2 million less per year. Just because we have cap space right now doesn't mean we need to use it all up or hamstring the future. Getting just Suter and Ryan would be an enormous coup on Holland's part.

Agreed.

They are supposedly deciding today. There's also been some rumblings that Suter is going to the Wild. Obviously, who the F knows at this point, but I wish that stuff wasn't coming out this late. I have this unsettling feeling that these two have been talking to each other, and are going to sign at the same place (Minnesota).

Minnesota to play in obscurity for the rest of their careers! Sounds enticing.

Last Rumor I heard on Parise was his last two teams he was seriously considering where the Blackhawks and Devils.

Back