Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I Don't Understand Why Federer and Djokovic are Facing Off in the Semi Finals

tinselwolverine

I would have thought that the brackets would have been set up for #3 Federer to take on #2 Nadal - or obviously, whomever had survived on that side of the bracket should Nadal have been vanquished, as of course he was - and for #1 Djokovic to go up against #4 Murray in the other side of the bracket.

Does anybody know why? Not hearing anything about it discussed in the media coverage.

normally I would ignore this thread, because I always thought tennis was dumb; however, I played for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I wasn't that bad. It helps the people I was playing kinda sucked.

I went yesterday after work and got my own racquet. I'm going to take a couple lessons, then join a city league.

as a self-absorbed yuppie, I have no problem ignoring your initial post and talking about myself.

After 1 and two are set on either side of the bracket, the rest of the bracketing is random. Thus 1 could play 4 or 1 could play 3 and 2 could play four or 2 coould play 3 based on random draw.

Thanks Cheeno.

See Champ? - now...THAT is an answer to my question.

That said...I just recently purchased athletic accoutrement for myself, too, bought myself new Ringside 16 oz. sparring gloves from Amazon, they should be arriving any day.

They, however, are NOT my first pair of sparring gloves.

Not by a mile.

Last edited:
RFed takes the match from Djoker. Murray and Jo Willy up next. Could this be the Brits year?

I'm rooting for, Murray, gotta, right?

That said...Tsonga has looked good, and Federer just looked like...

like Roger Federer.

Yeah I am rooting for Murray as the made for (British) TV movie, but the way Federer looked he is the odds on favorite for sure.

Back