Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Amazing Spiderman

biggunsbob

I liked the reboot... Maybe a tad slow in spots but all in all i was entertained... I think it had the highest grossing Tuesday of all time.... Not sure what the critics or pursuits will say...

I liked it. However, it did seem familiar...in that a lot of the stuff was recycled....and I wanted Dennis leary to go off.

Yes i agree Ty.. I was waiting for l Dennis to lend his voice to the movie. I also agreed with the recycled stuff.. I mean come on take a chance with Spidey and really do some different stuff... This will probably just confuse people I guess or like you said they took the easy way out..

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother even renting this.

To me, this is a clear example of Hollyoood/Marvel trying to grab peoples $$$ over the comic book movie hype. IMO it was way to soon to restart the franchise, with Tobey Magwire fresh in everyones perception as Spiderman, it must be like Bewitched, when they swapped Dick York, for Dick Seargent.

IMHO, they should have waited another 5 years.

I'll buy that MI... Probably would have been better to wait..

Sony owns the rights to Spiderman and they would have reverted back to Marvel I believe. That and cashing in on the comic craze as you mentioned MI. The movie was alright, the cgi action was very good. I couldn't help but think back to the recent Sam Raimi version, which I enjoyed more if comparing side by side.

Back