Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

this is far from over

The thing I'm most worried about is the Indians upcoming schedule. They have a very nice homestand coming up and the Tigers have 4 in Tampa and 3 in Minny. These next seven games are huge. The Tigers need to split in Tampa and find a way to take 2 out of 3 in Minny.

mikem2780 said:
The thing I'm most worried about is the Indians upcoming schedule. They have a very nice homestand coming up and the Tigers have 4 in Tampa and 3 in Minny. These next seven games are huge. The Tigers need to split in Tampa and find a way to take 2 out of 3 in Minny.

we should have Verlander get a start in both series, so that should be at least 2 wins. lol

JL did not use JV in the Indians series so he could pitch on the last day of the regular season.

tycobb420 said:
JL did not use JV in the Indians series so he could pitch on the last day of the regular season.
Since the Tigers swept it looks like a good decision.

tomdalton22 said:
tycobb420 said:
Since the Tigers swept it looks like a good decision.

JL only makes bad decisions. C'mon, you know this.

If we go 4-3 over the next 7, I am fine with that. As a division leading team, we should be over .500 every 10 games.

While I agree that it is not over, we are in a good position. If we go .500 over our last 36 games, we end up with 86 wins. For the Indians to get to 86 wins, they have to go 24-15 over their last 39. Is it possible...sure. But with their injuries mounting, it is becoming less likely. The White Sox have a better chance in my opinion. The Sox have to go 23-13 to get to 86 wins. They seem to be a little hotter than Cleveland.

irts never over until we clinch.. 2009 is still fresh when the Tigers had a 7 game lead on September 6th and lost in game 163.. I hope we can have a 4-3 road trip.

What's this 4-3 road trip talk. We can sweep Minny and 3 from TB. I'm looking 6-1 minimum.

If they are without Pronk for any significant length of time then even their "easy" schedule becomes a little harder.

I'm worried that the chronic complainers won't enjoy the last 6 weeks, as there seems to be little to whine about right now. Being 4.5 games up, while having just a +1 run differential pleases me greatly, but I'm sure the misery addicted will find something terrible to weep about.

JimRice said:
I'm worried that the chronic complainers won't enjoy the last 6 weeks, as there seems to be little to whine about right now. Being 4.5 games up, while having just a +1 run differential pleases me greatly, but I'm sure the misery addicted will find something terrible to weep about.

No doubt. Enjoy baseball. Besides the almost heart attack from yesterdsys game it should be fun :) . We just sweep Cleveland and people are worried about their schedule and its not over until the fat lady sings or remember the 7game lead in September that was lost and...

You guys worry too much.

JimRice said:

Wait until they lose again.

only thing worse than the chronic complainers, are the ones who complain about them. regardless how we do,I'll enjoy the rest of the season and the playoffs.

JimRice said:

They had a bad weekend. JL's lineups scored, Inge went off, The Tigers swept, and They did not need JV this weekend. I swear these folks want the Tigers to lose so they can prove themselves right.

I don't know I'd go that far. I remember when I was young, 14-15, when the Tigers or Lions would lose I'd be upset until they won again. Stupid kid I was :) . Now-a-days, like when Detroit lost a big lead and game 163, I was over it 2 minutes after it happened. Just a game.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't know I'd go that far. I remember when I was young, 14-15, when the Tigers or Lions would lose I'd be upset until they won again. Stupid kid I was :) . Now-a-days, like when Detroit lost a big lead and game 163, I was over it 2 minutes after it happened. Just a game.

+1

Gets easier after a while, especially after that 0-16 season, I can take on anything.

Worst I ever felt after a loss was probably game 7 of the 2005 NBA finals.

Romneybot said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't know I'd go that far. I remember when I was young, 14-15, when the Tigers or Lions would lose I'd be upset until they won again. Stupid kid I was :) . Now-a-days, like when Detroit lost a big lead and game 163, I was over it 2 minutes after it happened. Just a game.

+1

Gets easier after a while, especially after that 0-16 season, I can take on anything.

Worst I ever felt after a loss was probably game 7 of the 2005 NBA finals.

Don't remember what year but the Lions were going to the playoffs as long as the Vikings lost game 16. In which they were about to do until somehow Ahmad Rashad made a sick catch to end the game. Boy was I mad.

I had to go look it up, got me mad again :)

"The standout catch of his career came in a December 1980 game against the Cleveland Browns. Vikings quarterback Tommy Kramer threw a Hail Mary pass to Rashād that resulted in a come-from-behind 28-23 victory and a Central Division title for the Vikings. This became known as the Miracle Catch."

The problem with still bringing up those years like 2009, and coming so close is probably as much to do with not having a worlds series champion since 1984. A championship in the past few years might or should help with not bringing up the recent past.
Case in point for me, 101 wins in 1961 and the 1967 pennant race, I was upset and complained mostly to myself, surrounded bu rsox fans, until 1968. Things were better after that. even with 1972, and the post Kaline years, with the core of the 1984 team getting in order, I was confident. 1987 bothered for awhile, but just tried to ride it out.
Every one has a different view, whether it is looking at the bright side or waiting for something to go wrong. Bottom line is most fans that show the regular displeasure or complaining just want a winner and then even the most chronic of them will be happy.
I just want to see one more before I join the Tigers in the sky.
In answer to the thread title, it really isn't over, but it is much better to be in first place, than 2nd or 3rd, or having to hold the newspaper upside down to see the Tigers in first place like '03, right?

Back