Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Summer league game 1

wheels002

The Pistons win the Summer League opener 76-72. Kim English led the way with 18 points, BKnight had 17, Singler had 14, and Drummond finished with 8 points, 5 boards, 4 steals, and 2 blocks. Drummond frustrated Jazz C Enes Kanter into a 1/7 afternoon.

From what I read Drummond was showing a great motor and intensity. He did go 0-3 from the line though which included 2 bad airballs. Monroe has taken him under his wing and says he is going to mentor him as much as he can just like Ben did for him. I really think those 2 can be really good together.

Also here is a good read on Drummond and Monroe from Mlive.
http://www.foxybay.com/rm.php?url=h...d+pleases+coaches,+teammates+with+work+ethic+...

If all else fails, he can always turn to the granny shot.

I am sure he will get better. He cant get worse and he will provide us with legit inside size and strength. I still think he was a steal at 9 and I think with Monroe and Knight being young stars with him he will learn how to be a pro from them.

“I’d shoot zero percent before I’d shoot underhanded.”

-Shaq

Yeah, he better be working on his FTs every single day at least until teams cant uhhhh beat a Drum...or something like that.

Crazy part is I seen him hit two jump shots, a fade away and a drop step... But he can't hit a free throw.

I liked Drummond's activity on defense. I don't expect much more than being a good man defender and improving team defender this year. He still needs to use his size and strength more to get rebounding position, rather than waiting for the ball or just expecting a teammate to get it. FTs are a problem, certainly, but it's not like we didn't play Big Ben (41% career FT%) huge minutes most of his time here. We definitely need to get one of the assistant coaches just staying in the gym with Drummond, shooting 200 free throws at the end of every practice.

Also, while Knight is still showing an iffy shot selection, I like that he is at least not avoiding contact like last year. Two foul shots are just as good as an open jumper.

Back