Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hope Solo tests positive for banned substance

Many drugs used for female conditions and illnesses contain diuretics. They have to be even more careful than the men do because of it.

You hope someone named Solo, I assume you don't mean Han, tests positive? Who is Solo.

Personally, I could care less about soccer. Though at least women playing soccer is more fitting, since it's a girls game anyways.

But it's funny that the U.S. anti-doping agency got a positive test from a major star on the Women's team, and chooses to just hand out a slap on the wrist, I can't help but feel if this were an Archer, Cyclist, or Rower, they would have been dismissed from the US Olympic team.

As in all sports and has always been said, "You are responsible for what goes into your body", if you're an athlete you should make sure your doctor knows if any substances they prescribe are on the banned list, and then double check yourself.

The whole "My personal Doctor prescribed it, and we didn't know" excuse, isn't an excuse anymore.

Personally, I could care less about soccer. Though at least women playing soccer is more fitting, since it's a girls game anyways.

But it's funny that the U.S. anti-doping agency got a positive test from a major star on the Women's team, and chooses to just hand out a slap on the wrist, I can't help but feel if this were an Archer, Cyclist, or Rower, they would have been dismissed from the US Olympic team.

As in all sports and has always been said, "You are responsible for what goes into your body", if you're an athlete you should make sure your doctor knows if any substances they prescribe are on the banned list, and then double check yourself.

The whole "My personal Doctor prescribed it, and we didn't know" excuse, isn't an excuse anymore.

So you care a little bit?

I bet that goalie she threw under the bus a few years ago slipped this to her.

Back