Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New console

160 systems left for reserve...they'll probably be gone in the next 30 minutes (They've raised $840k now)

They just doubled the 1st run from 5k to 10k systems.

Last edited:
160 systems left for reserve...they'll probably be gone in the next 30 minutes (They've raised $840k now)

ok, it only took 8 minutes. This is crazy, the thing has the cpu of a cell phone and you won't get it 'til next year.

Still have quite a number for reserve if you are going to pledge $99+. I just reserved one.

Still have quite a number for reserve if you are going to pledge $99+. I just reserved one.

There were only 5,000 systems available half an hour ago, meaning they would have sold out. They just doubled to 10,000, which I bet they sell out by the end of the day. I'd probably reserve one if I hadn't recently ordered a Raspberry Pi.

Can someone sum up, that articles is longer than my attention span. Thanks.

Can someone sum up, that articles is longer than my attention span. Thanks.

Someone has built a new gaming console that runs on android and will sell for $99. Since it will be easy to develop games for it (since it's android) the bar will be low for small developers to make cheap games for it (think angry birds and other app store games). Also, they are requiring all games to include some free trial component at a minimum.

They reached their goal of $950k. Also, the cell phone chip is apparently not that underpowered.

Someone has built a new gaming console that runs on android and will sell for $99. Since it will be easy to develop games for it (since it's android) the bar will be low for small developers to make cheap games for it (think angry birds and other app store games). Also, they are requiring all games to include some free trial component at a minimum.

Okay, thanks. I have had an Android phone for years so I like their "we can create anything" unlike Apple which needs approval for everything.

Though I'm not sure I want to play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja on a 99$ console.

A few months ago I connected my Asus tablet to my TV and played some games, Fruit Ninja for one and it looked perfect. Not sure I see a big need for this, though getting 950k tells me otherwise.

Okay, thanks. I have had an Android phone for years so I like their "we can create anything" unlike Apple which needs approval for everything.

Though I'm not sure I want to play Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja on a 99$ console.

A few months ago I connected my Asus tablet to my TV and played some games, Fruit Ninja for one and it looked perfect. Not sure I see a big need for this, though getting 950k tells me otherwise.

I expect more expensive/more developed games also. I don't know how this processor demo varies from the Ouya configuration (more/less RAM), but it looks to me to be equivalent to an HD Wii (if there was such a thing.) It can render full HD, but the complexity of the 3D models don't look like they're at a PS3 level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBl-goBrWno&feature=related

It seems like it'd be for non PS3 or X-box owners and people that always want the latest and greatest new toy. Granted I'm in the last group but after buying the PS vita, which is incredible, but sad because the games just aren't there. Not sure I want to purchase another unknown device.

It seems like it'd be for non PS3 or X-box owners and people that always want the latest and greatest new toy. Granted I'm in the last group but after buying the PS vita, which is incredible, but sad because the games just aren't there. Not sure I want to purchase another unknown device.

That, and people that want smart TV features without getting a smart TV. It's open source and you can hack this thing without voiding the warranty, so somebody will make a media server OS that you could install.

Up to $1.3M. Should stop around 1.5 unless they increase the # of systems again.

Wow. They raised about $4M, hit about 50k units reserved, and then it just stopped. Wildfire for 2 days and then....nothing.

Back