Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Summer game # 2

biggunsbob

Pistons 79 magic 74 Final... Open up a double didgit lead late almost blew it... Daye had 24 points and I think 4 guys in double figures.. I just watched the last 5 minutes or so...

Last edited:
Obviously it's very early. Drummond probably has seen very little practice time since the draft. If I could focus on two things as his coach it would be free throws and boxing out. There's no reason he couldn't have 10+ rebounds every game in the summer league. But he doesn't get in position, and he doesn't fight that hard for the ball (often because he feels he has no chance due to being so far out of position).

FTs are just muscle memory. Get someone in there to fix his form, then just have him shoot 100 free throws after every practice.

Damn....Daye had a good game. Maybe he will impress some other GM and the Pistons can trade him.

Agree about Drummond, I'm pretty much just watching him while he's in there and he's definitely too passive when it comes to positioning. This just reaffirms my hope that Wallace comes back so he can work against him every day.

And Daye beats up on rookies.. He should perform better then just about every rookie.. Now trade him Joe D...

Yeah, seems like Daye does well every Summer League. Not sure what we could possibly get for him, but if we could somehow nab a 2nd round or something, pull the trigger. Not sure if that is at all possible though.

Back