Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Position Battles

Felton is our only FB will be on the roster so I don't see him in danger of being waived. Young, 'should be in' not exactly going out on a limb there.

The article listed a few guys who stood out to me as well, obviously Davis and Stovall; Niswanger is starting to pick it up at Center with the 2s. Silva and Pratt are making plays as well. Good to see we'll have to cut some players this year not heading straight to the assembly line at Mickey D's.

Felton isn't much of a blocker for a FB. Probably would be gone if LeShoure was healthy.

I wonder what they will do with Clapp. I have liked what i have seen at FB out of him but he is less versatile then felton. Nice to see talent out there though.

johnny2x2x said:
What happened to Ugoh? Did he get cut already?

According to one report, Detroit Lions offensive tackle Tony Ugoh was absent from practice on Wednesday because he is considering retirement. That might not be the case, though. Dave Birkett got in touch with Ugoh's agent and tweeted this:

Tony Ugoh also DNP today. Schwartz wouldn't comment after practice. Ugoh's agent said it was health related and he'll be back in a few days

That certainly doesn't make it sound like Ugoh is planning to retire.

[quote="Romneybot":bxcuh5f9]http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/08/22/tony-ortiz-detroit-lions-position-battles/

With the pre-season halfway over, here

Anyone that praises Aaron Brown..

He does this every year in preseason. Plays like he's good or something. Once the regular season comes around he will go back to sucking. I wish they would just cut his ass already. But LeShoure being out gives him a spot, damn it.

Ugoh was released after he missed those couple of days if my memory serves me correct. Thought Culbreath might have a shot to make the roster since we have depth and health issues at the position.

My question is where has Maurice Morris been and why has he secured a spot? Bell and Harrison can do just fine in a back up role and theyve been getting all the reps. Best/Bell/Harrison/Logan is fine with me at RB.

We're going to suck at running the ball. Just pick 4 guys and go with it.

mhughes0021 said:
Ugoh was released after he missed those couple of days if my memory serves me correct. Thought Culbreath might have a shot to make the roster since we have depth and health issues at the position.

My question is where has Maurice Morris been and why has he secured a spot? Bell and Harrison can do just fine in a back up role and theyve been getting all the reps. Best/Bell/Harrison/Logan is fine with me at RB.

No size.

Bell has it....but runs like he's 190.

Like I said....I wouldn't at all be suprised if our "power back" isn't on our roster right now.

Back