Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Supplemental Draft

elrod817

Browns nab Gordon from Baylor with a second rounder....I still they think they should have gone Blackmon/Martin, rather than Richardson/Weeden....

Browns nab Gordon from Baylor with a second rounder....I still they think they should have gone Blackmon/Martin, rather than Richardson/Weeden....

I heard he ran a pretty good 40. 2nd round isn't too bad.

I think Weeden was a retarded pick...he'll have to be all pro in 3 years minimum to prove me wrong or win a superbowl in a Browns uni by the end of his career.

I think Weeden was a retarded pick...he'll have to be all pro in 3 years minimum to prove me wrong or win a superbowl in a Browns uni by the end of his career.

I didn't understand it either. They could have just signed Stanton or End Zone Dan.

I think they could have had him in round two....AND I'm still not ready to say Colt's garbage. Give him some weapons he might not be half bad.

Browns Super Bowl? That's crazy talk.

This is a crazy pick. But Tom Heckert has had some very good success drafting WR. Flash Gordon will be semi productive but us Browns fans can't expect him to be more than an average rookie WR this year. After he can get a year under his belt things could be very interesting. His value can't be criticized till after the '13 season too.

As for Weeden he is going to be a huge upgrade to Colt McCoy. Im a Colt fan but he hasn't shown the ability to fit the ball into tight windows or hit guys in stride. His arm is less than avg. The only thing that Colt does better than Weeden is his mobility IMO.

This is a crazy pick. But Tom Heckert has had some very good success drafting WR. Flash Gordon will be semi productive but us Browns fans can't expect him to be more than an average rookie WR this year. After he can get a year under his belt things could be very interesting. His value can't be criticized till after the '13 season too.

As for Weeden he is going to be a huge upgrade to Colt McCoy. Im a Colt fan but he hasn't shown the ability to fit the ball into tight windows or hit guys in stride. His arm is less than avg. The only thing that Colt does better than Weeden is his mobility IMO.

Brown fan, eh? No wonder you can relate to decades of shitty football.

Brown fan, eh? No wonder you can relate to decades of shitty football.

Yeah but I see a change coming.
I think our GM Heckert is very good and has really changed this team over very fast. They are one of the youngest teams and are third in cap space I believe.

Yeah but I see a change coming.
I think our GM Heckert is very good and has really changed this team over very fast. They are one of the youngest teams and are third in cap space I believe.

Even after they drafted a 28 year old rookie QB in the 1st..:lmao: He'll be too old to play and retired in 4 years. Very good GM indeed.

Even after they drafted a 28 year old rookie QB in the 1st..:lmao: He'll be too old to play and retired in 4 years. Very good GM indeed.

Very funny did you read that on every outlet that didn't like the pick. That's the only thing that is a knock on the guy. Do you think he lasts till #22 if he was 22? But since he's 28 he can't play. Go watch some game tape then we can talk. The guy threw for over 4000 yards the last two years and had over 30 tds in each year too.

Very funny did you read that on every outlet that didn't like the pick. That's the only thing that is a knock on the guy. Do you think he lasts till #22 if he was 22? But since he's 28 he can't play. Go watch some game tape then we can talk. The guy threw for over 4000 yards the last two years and had over 30 tds in each year too.

I was waiting on draft day to see which joke of a franchise would waste a 1st on the guy. Shocker.... Publications aside I came up with this all by my self..

Why weren't Casey Keenum (Houston) and Timmy Chang (Hawaii) 1st rounders? They destroyed NCAA passing records..

I've seen him play. I've seen him throw every down to put up his numbers. System QBs are system QBs... Good luck with your scrub. He'll be out of the league in two years..

Last edited:
In any case he can't be any worse than Blaine Gabbert. So there's that.

Or Tim Couch, Charlie Fry, Brady Quinn or Colt McCoy.

Well the good thing is that Colt was the only one drafted by the current FO and he was a 3rd round pick.

I'll take the evaluation skills of Tom Heckert he has done a good job like I stated before.

Browns are getting much better overall.

RB Richardson
WRs Gordon, Little, and Cribbs
OL Thomas, Mack
DL Sheard and Taylor
LB D'Qwell Jackson
DBs Brown, Haden, Ward

Some nice pieces to help rebuild a franchise

Well the good thing is that Colt was the only one drafted by the current FO and he was a 3rd round pick.

I'll take the evaluation skills of Tom Heckert he has done a good job like I stated before.

Basically the Browns traded Julio Jones for Weeden, Phil Taylor and Greg Little. The man's a genius....

Basically the Browns traded Julio Jones for Weeden, Phil Taylor and Greg Little. The man's a genius....

I'm taking it that you think that JJ is one of the best WR in the NFL, because if I had to chose I'm taking a decent WR, and good DT, and right now a rookie QB with a lot of potential over one WR. This deal also included a FB and one pick used to move up to get Trent Richardson.

I look at it like this, Greg Little had a pretty good rookie year and I don't think that JJ would have had much better stats since Colt wasn't able to get the ball down the field. Little also didn't play in '10 and he didn't have Roddie White on the other side and have Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. JJ had better stat but he missed 3 games and the talent on that team it isn't a true compairson.

I think Little won't be as big of a threat as JJ but if he can limit the drops he will be a good WR. But adding the other players to the deal it could be a steal for the Browns. If Weeden is a top half QB than it will be a steal of a deal for the Browns. I guess we will have to see.

Browns are getting much better overall.

RB Richardson
WRs Gordon, Little, and Cribbs
OL Thomas, Mack
DL Sheard and Taylor
LB D'Qwell Jackson
DBs Brown, Haden, Ward

Some nice pieces to help rebuild a franchise

I agree with you on 100%. I would also add Rubin and Pinkston to the mix. I really liked Pinkston last year he moved to a new position with no off season and he improved as the year went on.

I think the Browns are moving in the right direction. If weeden is a good qb they will be in the mix of the better teams by '13

I'm taking it that you think that JJ is one of the best WR in the NFL, because if I had to chose I'm taking a decent WR, and good DT, and right now a rookie QB with a lot of potential over one WR. This deal also included a FB and one pick used to move up to get Trent Richardson.

I look at it like this, Greg Little had a pretty good rookie year and I don't think that JJ would have had much better stats since Colt wasn't able to get the ball down the field. Little also didn't play in '10 and he didn't have Roddie White on the other side and have Matt Ryan throwing him the ball. JJ had better stat but he missed 3 games and the talent on that team it isn't a true compairson.

I think Little won't be as big of a threat as JJ but if he can limit the drops he will be a good WR. But adding the other players to the deal it could be a steal for the Browns. If Weeden is a top half QB than it will be a steal of a deal for the Browns. I guess we will have to see.

They may have used that 4th rder to move up but it's not like they couldn't pull it off with out it. And how are you mentioning Greg Little and Julio Jones in the same sentence? One of those receivers will be dominating the NFL for 10 years while the other will be at best a number 2 wide out. Average receivers can put up huge numbers on a bad team with no other options. Look at Mike Furreys numbers in 06. Where is he today?

Julio is a freak and those kind of receivers don't come around often. Think if Detroit had taken anyone other than Calvin in 07. We would have at least 2-3 more losses and miss out on the playoffs. Playmakers son. You can't pass on top talent even if you're trying to fill holes. That's the reason Detroit was so awful for so many years.

At least Cleveland got it right and made a move on Richardson. Could of had both Bama boys though.

Back