Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA/Olympic basketball

beez

Thought I'd start a thread to post about updates of Olympic hoops activity and Team USA specifically. Off to a good start with a 54 point win over the DR last night. The 3 point shooting in the 1st half by Durant was encouraging. As the commentators said (numerous times), that line being a foot and a half closer is a huge deal when you talk about a guy like Durant..almost not even fair.

I like the debates going on about the '92 "dream team" vs. this years team that have started after Kobe said they could beat that team.

I like the debates going on about the '92 "dream team" vs. this years team that have started after Kobe said they could beat that team.

Some good quotes from all of these interviews. They asked Larry Bird if 2012 could win and he said something like , sure..I havn't played basketball in almost 20 years. Lol

Too many ego's for the 2012 team to win. '92 was the best.

92 had a mean streak and some of the greatest competitors known to man. The drive of Michael, Scottie, Barkley, Bird, and Magic to not only be great but to crush competition, sets them apart alone.

If you get a chance, watch the Dream team special on ESPN..the part about Toni Kukoc is all you need to know about that team.

People are making way too much of the size and speed of the 2012'ers. The only "freak" that would be unstoppable is Lebron. The PG's on 2012 are explosive but nothing that 92 couldn't handle. Not to mention, Jordan in his prime vs 34 year old Kobe.

I think the main reason that the '92 team would be better is because everybody was healthy and everybody that was invited played because it was new. You put Dwight Howard and Wade on this team and it's a game.

I think the main reason that the '92 team would be better is because everybody was healthy and everybody that was invited played because it was new. You put Dwight Howard and Wade on this team and it's a game.

I agree..but 7 game series I'm taking 92 all day. Postless Howard would have mega fits against the likes of Robinson and Ewing. Not to mention, half the guys on this team have already been together in international competition and failed. I know they're older and are better now but still...

I agree..but 7 game series I'm taking 92 all day. Postless Howard would have mega fits against the likes of Robinson and Ewing. Not to mention, half the guys on this team have already been together in international competition and failed. I know they're older and are better now but still...

Howard is only there to block shots and rebound. Think about this starting 5....Howard, Love, LBJ, Kobe, CP3 or D D Will. Pretty even with the '92 starters IMO

Howard is only there to block shots and rebound. Think about this starting 5....Howard, Love, LBJ, Kobe, CP3 or D D Will. Pretty even with the '92 starters IMO

I can't remember the starters from 92 but I'd imagine the bench would be the advantage for 2012, not the starters.

Ewing
Robinson
Malone
Barkley
Bird
Pippen
jordan
Magic
Stockton
Mullins
Laetner
Drexler