Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Best NBA Trio's

zoombabyzoom

ESPN Insider has an article on this, which I cant see. If anyone can and would be kind enough to post it that would be awesome.

But I think Jordan / Pippen / Grant is #1

ESPN Insider has an article on this, which I cant see. If anyone can and would be kind enough to post it that would be awesome.

But I think Jordan / Pippen / Grant is #1

Grant is too much of a weak link for that group to be #1

Magic/Kareem/Worthy
Bird/McHale/Parish

10. 1968-69 Los Angeles Lakers
Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor

9. 1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Bobby Dandridge

8. 1986-87 Boston Celtics
Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish

7. 1995-96 Chicago Bulls
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc

6. 1996-97 Utah Jazz
Karl Malone, John Stockton, Jeff Hornacek

5. 2011-12 Oklahoma City Thunder
Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden

4. 1971-72 Los Angeles Lakers
Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Gail Goodrich

3. 2004-05 Phoenix Suns
Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion

2. 2010-11 Miami Heat
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh

1. 1991-92 Chicago Bulls
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant

Just got done reading the actual article. When I was posting the list I was pretty shocked by it but after reading it I figure I would share this so it makes a little more sense to people.

"Using a combination of Basketball-Reference's Win Shares and John Hollinger's Estimated Wins Added, prorated to 82 scheduled games in years like 2012, we can attempt to measure the greatest single-season Big 3s since 1965 (the first year we have statistics split out by each team a player played for). "

So, as you see its not exactly who had the greatest "big 3" combos there ever was, its what "big 3" had the best individual season. Hope that clears up the list a little.

Thanks lionsFTW,

I actually thought Jordan/Pippen +1 would of been on there more than twice

Back