Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wandy Rodriguez

mikem2780

The four letter sports networks insider site is saying that Wandy will clear waivers and that the Yanks aren't interested. Anyone here think the Tigers should pull the trigger? Obviously, the Astros would either have to basically give him away or cover part of his salary. Not to mention, no one knows how he'll perform in the AL after having an up and down career in the NL.

I would take a chance on him if he came cheap. But I thought the Astros wanted an arm and leg before the deadline. I can't imagine their demands have come down that much.

-1 Karma

WTF??

I helped an old lady across the street Sunday....that's gotta count for something!!!

Not sure another slightly below average pitcher is what they need. I guess it depends on what the Tigers would have to give up.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Wandy Rodriguez CLAIMED on waivers. Team not yet known.
owed $10M in 12, $13M in 13. $13M club opt for '14 becomes player opt if traded. How badly do astros want to escape contract?

Yankees probably put in a claim.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="KalineCountry":ipkrermg]Wandy Rodriguez CLAIMED on waivers. Team not yet known.
owed $10M in 12, $13M in 13. $13M club opt for '14 becomes player opt if traded. How badly do astros want to escape contract?

Yankees probably put in a claim. [/quote:ipkrermg]

The team isn't the Yankees or d-backs per mlbtraderumors.

I bet its an NL team. I can't see any AL team that is in contention that needs him or want him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I bet its an NL team. I can't see any AL team that is in contention that needs him or want him.

I agree, but I think the yankees would have been a logical landing spot for him.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Mitch":eek:hl00qpa]I bet its an NL team. I can't see any AL team that is in contention that needs him or want him.

I agree, but I think the yankees would have been a logical landing spot for him.[/quote:eek:hl00qpa]

From what I understand they have six starters already for the playoffs so.. Honesty I think the Astros will ask too much and won't get traded.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Maybe the Nationals.
Ken Rosenthal

#Nationals not claiming team on Wandy. Team still not known. Deal must be completed by 1p p.m. ET on Thursday. #MLB

Rockies is what the article says. That only really makes sense if the Astros can eat some of his contract.

Back