Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Angry Orchard Cider

lostleader

Just found this at my local watering hole. Its a subdivision of Sam Adams. This is some wonderful stuff for hard cider, like it a lot better than woodchuck. Like the detail that brewers put into make the cider, like using apples from Europe where they have perfected the cider making process. Thats my brief and very not very descriptive review.

I've been buying Wyder's Pear Cider.

Didn't have time to get to the place that sells that this afternoon, so I stopped off and picked up a six pack of Hornsby's Crisp Apple.

At this moment, I'm actually sipping on a small glass of mead on ice, the brand is Burnatty's, and it's produced and bottled in Ireland, County Clare.

I don't drink cider often, but do enjoy it now and again. I think there are different styles/flavors of Angry Orchard. Whatever I had on tap I did not like. Way too sweet for my liking. I've had many varieties of Woodchuck along with Magner's, Woodpecker, and Strongbow and I'd probably choose Angry Orchard last. Just my opinion....

Summersby (Aussie) is a pretty good cider if you can find it.

Never heard of or had Summersby. I'll have to let step-moms know...she's a celiac so it's pretty much cider and wine for her.

And for the record she is a big fan of Angry Orchard...

Never heard of or had Summersby. I'll have to let step-moms know...she's a celiac so it's pretty much cider and wine for her.

And for the record she is a big fan of Angry Orchard...

Yeah I don't mess with cider that much but when I do it's that. I haven't tried Angry Orchard.

I don't drink cider often, but do enjoy it now and again. I think there are different styles/flavors of Angry Orchard. Whatever I had on tap I did not like. Way too sweet for my liking. I've had many varieties of Woodchuck along with Magner's, Woodpecker, and Strongbow and I'd probably choose Angry Orchard last. Just my opinion....

I love the Crisp in the bottle. I had a glass of AO the other night when we went to Dave and Busters, and my drink got a little warm. I think it tasted better warm than it did cold.

I had never messed with Cider until a few weeks ago, and now I'm hooked.

I love the Crisp in the bottle. I had a glass of AO the other night when we went to Dave and Busters, and my drink got a little warm. I think it tasted better warm than it did cold.

I had never messed with Cider until a few weeks ago, and now I'm hooked.

I like cider a tad warm when I have it too. The British-themed pub a few blocks away serves some of the ales and cider a bit warmer. They almost always have Magner's on tap and once in awhile, Woodpecker pops up. Woodchuck used to make a cider called Colonial which I thought was good, but apparently I was the only one as they discontinued it. Very crisp, dry, and not overly sweet. I'll have to sample some of the other Orchard flavors, but I know there's one out there I don't like just don't know which one it is...

Back