Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dez Bryant Assaults Mom

Bitch better have my money, not half, not some, but all my spending cash or I'm gonna put my foot in that ass.

Weren't there some concerns with Leshoure and Fairly?

Yes. I alluded to in the OP in the case of our recent draftees, they have had some pre-draft character concerns, which unfortunately have come to fruition. This may plague or cut short these guys entire career ie Russel, Rogers or it may be a one (or in both those players you mentioned's case two) off youthful event. IMO I don't think character concerns should be dismissed.

I do think however you can slide too far to the other side of the spectrum, drafting with too much emphasis on character, which in case you put together a few Millen-Marenelli drafts (ie Dizon in Rd 2) based on whether or not the player sufficiently answered the "do you love football" question in an interview (this was an actual draft strategy of those two).

Ideally you should be able to draft high talent and high character and get a CJ or Stafford. But in reality where should the line be drawn? You could make a case we have put too little emphasis on character, at least in the 2011 draft class.

At least he only slapped her with his hat??

Lol This guy is turning out to be quite the d-bag. I dismissed the last couple things, and I still don't think any of them have been serious but at some point it's like, ok the guy can't go one off season without some kind of incident, clearly it's him.

The only reason I say this doesn't seem that bad is because they've been described to have a sibling type relationship and questions were brought up of her being a prostitute at the time of the draft, so I imagine she's not the most stable mother in the world. She's probably just as immature, d-baggish, and hood. (just a guess)... he didn't hit her but you should still never put your hands on a woman, let alone your mom.

Too bad, seems like this guy might be a guy that never grows up and can keep his nose clean..crazy talent, but just another dumbass cowboy possibly.

As Cheeno said, I don't blame Dallas for drafting him though, he fell into their lap late in the 1st...no way to pass on him there. Not saying he's never going to be a good pro because he's still pretty damn good but you wonder if this stuff will derail his talent.

I should clarify that his DUI in college is serious because of the risk he puts people at driving intoxicated..just saying a single dui by a college kid isn't going to stop me from drafting him. That can be looked at as a bad choice that even the best of kids COULD make.

This is horrible. Much worse than the band of Detroit related incidents, hitting your Mom? How can someone not be ashamed of themselves with that? Your Mom and apparently it has happened on other occasions. Disgusting.

Last edited:
This is horrible. Much worse than the band of Detroit related incidents, hitting your Mom? How can someone not be ashamed of themselves with that? Your Mom and apparently it has happened on other occasions. Disgusting.

Did you read the whole story?

I'm sure she is used to it....wasn't she a prostitute?

I'm sure she is used to it....wasn't she a prostitute?

Angela Bryant was arrested in April 2009 for selling crack cocaine to police informants. In August 2009, she was found guilty of two felony counts relating to possession of a controlled substance and the manufacture and delivery of
a controlled substance. She received a sentence of 10 years? probation, an apparent slap on the wrist in response to such serious charges.

In 1997, Angela Bryant was convicted of selling crack cocaine, and she spent 18 months in jail.

So regardless of whether she sells sex for money, she has twice been convicted of selling crack for money

Not exactly a mother, and as I said early it's been reported they have a "sibling" type of relationship. I see this all the time where I live..drugged out Mom's, asking their kids for money, caring about Men and drugs before their own kids and treat their kids like little brothers. No wonder he has no respect for her. As I said, Dez Bryant seems to be an immature idiot and you hsouldn't put your hands on a woman, especially your mother...but he didn't hit her (according to the report I read) and she's not exactly a "mother" to him.

I don't think it should go unoticed but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's being made out to be. Not as bad as some of these guys punching their wives. Still doesn't make it right though.

Guess I'm not trying to justify it, just trying to justify that the severity isn't as bad as it sounds imo. BUT I've only read one report that said he grabbed her by the wrists, slapped her hands repeatedly as she tried to garb and scratch him, and slapped her in the face with his hat.

Guess I'm not trying to justify it, just trying to justify that the severity isn't as bad as it sounds imo. BUT I've only read one report that said he grabbed her by the wrists, slapped her hands repeatedly as she tried to garb and scratch him, and slapped her in the face with his hat.

I'd bet my paycheck that she was after him for money. Once a drug slingin' ho.....

I'd bet my paycheck that she was after him for money. Once a drug slingin' ho.....

Right I feel the same way...he probably got fed up with her, she said some nasty things..they got into it..she came at him etc..all speculation but I've seen and dealt with a lot of people who sound similar to Dez's mom.

I own't be mad at someone seeing my reasoning as a homer point of view since it's Dallas, but I honestly feel like this isn't a huge deal as far as morals go.

Dallas Cowboy to the end, I get it beez. But I have a novel idea -- WALK.A.WAY. He's a big fuckin' dude, what can she do to him?

Dallas Cowboy to the end, I get it beez. But I have a novel idea -- WALK.A.WAY. He's a big fuckin' dude, what can she do to him?

I look like a homer, I get that.. I'm just saying.. if I put myself in that same situation where a my mom who has never been a mother to me, is cracked out and bitching at me and coming at me like that...frustrations can get the best of you. If it comes out that he struck her with his hand, I might look at it in a different light. Until then, while what he did was wrong, I can't say I'm absolutely appalled.

Last edited:
I look like a homer, I get that.. I'm just saying.. if I put myself in that same situation where a my mom who has never been a mother to me, is cracked out and bitching at me and coming at me like that...frustrations can get the best of you. If it comes out that he struck her with his hand, I might look at it in a different light. Until then, while what he did was wrong, I can't say I'm absolutely appalled.

I'm more curious with the fact why does he visit, why is he in her life? If she is that bad, you either walk and never see her or you still say, "she's my mom" and not slap or hit her?

I'm more curious with the fact why does he visit, why is he in her life? If she is that bad, you either walk and never see her or you still say, "she's my mom" and not slap or hit her?

I'm sure he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. She probably gives him a guilt trip, he falls for it and then she hits him up for drug money.

At the end of the day most people can't help but love their mom. I have a friend who was a hell of a basketball player. His mom did drugs and left him at his grandmas one day and didn't come back to get him...his grandma did drugs and had boyfriends that would smack him in the face and if he so much as yelled back she would kick him out of the house and tell him she wished his mom would have dropped him off at a hospital yearss ago... his mom would come around and tell him that he should quit basketball because he['d never get anywhere...told him he wasn't smart enough for college etc..she'd come back and show him love and ask how he was doing and then be gone the next day after stealing all of his money and jewelry. Sometimes they would get into screaming matches where she would throw stuff at him and run up on him and he'd push her down. They'd both be crying.. I'd hold him back to make sure he didn't do anything stupid. This was all going on his entire high school career.... that kid posts shit on facebook weekly about how much he loves his mom and misses her to this day.

Sometimes you can't help it..kids have a bond with their moms that can't be explained. My mom has done some terrible things in my life but as much as I want to cut her off and walk away never to talk to her again, I spend nights awake just hoping she's ok..She's not a huge part of my life, but I still love her as much as anyone in my family.

Last edited:
Back